cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Why Public Mobile?

A friend recommended it after I was griping about paying 100$ a month for my cell bill. 

The gouging and non stop price increAses causes me to leave. Never again!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tsparkle21 wrote:
$15 plan is really $13 with Auto-Pay, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited international text are features that stand out.

The $15 plan has 100 minutes, why is unlimited incoming calls an advertised feature don't all services offer this?

@Ed404 wrote:

The $15 plan has 100 minutes, why is unlimited incoming calls an advertised feature don't all services offer this?

No, they don't.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Well, all existing PM plans other than the $15 plan have unlimited incoming calls (and unlimited outgoing calls too). When they launched the $15 plan it had 100 minutes combined in and out calls but they then changed it to unlimited incoming and 100 outgoing.

AE_Collector

Thanks I had no idea. The more you know.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

• How did you discover Public Mobile? doing my HW before deciding.
  • Why did you choose Public Mobile? value and rewards
  • If you had a previous provider what were your reasons for switching to Public Mobile? price and value.
Oracle

1)  Discovered it online.  They were just ending their SIM swap promo where you can swap something useless for a free SIM card.  Got a free SIM card and a SIM swap t-shirt.

2)  I was a disgruntled Wind customer at the time.  The 2016 fall promo had just rolled out.  It was a screaming hot deal compared to other in market plans and deals.  The rewards have made staying a very easy decision.

3)  See answer 2 above. 

Mayor / Maire

1) Google

2) Offered a data only plan.

3) Other provider didn't offer data only add-on and didn't want to switch plan to get data.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My family had been with Rogers for years and years on a share data plan.  Two phones were on a grandfathered BYOD $30/mth plan and the other 3 were on "normal" big 3 rates.  I was paying $3,932/yr.

When I moved into the country I found I was on Rogers EXT all the time when I was in the house.  My neighbor, on Bell, always has 3 bars but I was just a tad reluctant to go to Bell (bad past experiences).

My brother told me about Public Mobile.

I did the research and determined that PM used Bell towers when Telus was not close by.  I calculated that I could save $1,707/yr on PM and have 20GB of data (instead of the 10 GB I had with Rogers).

It was a no brainer.  I bought 5 SIM cards, transferred all the numbers (which automatically killed my Rogers account) and have lived happily ever after.  And because PM has no telephone customer support I haven't been lied to once since I switched (tongue-in-cheek).

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. First time I ever heard of PM was a discussion at a motorcycle forum where I'm a member, then heard PM mentioned again by a relative.

2. I chose PM because of the $10 plan to give it a try with not much to lose. Still here and very happy.

3. Previously with Bell-hell who just kept putting the price up and up without notice until I'd finally had enough.

I've been with PM less than a year and already saved enough to pay for the new phone I bought when I started here.

Great community,  Cheers