Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why Public Mobile?

Hey,

• How did you discover Public Mobile?
  • Why did you choose Public Mobile?
  • If you had a previous provider what were your reasons for switching to Public Mobile?
Oracle

Re: Why Public Mobile?

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

• If you had a previous provider what were your reasons for switching to Public Mobile?

1) Google

2) save money

3) saving money

Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

Redflagdeal forum

Cheaper prices with Telus/Bell coverage/reception

Fido increased my prices and could not match Public mobile prices.  Funny thing is that if Fido did not increase the price, I would have stayed with Fido.  Over time, moved another line over to Public mobile.  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

1. There is a site that compares plans. Under pre-paids, the 3 most popular are Public Mobile, Chatr and Lucky.

2. $15 plan is really $13 with Auto-Pay, unlimited incoming calls, unlimited international text are features that stand out.

3. I am still on Fido as well as I have good perks for being there a while, but I needed other lines for family members.

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

Cheap plans 

Isn't that why for almost everybody?

Oracle

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

How: saw a store advertising PM and then read up onine (2014)

Why: best price

Reason to switch: savings in a year paid for new iPhone

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@tsparkle21 wrote:

1. There is a site that compares plans. Under pre-paids, the 3 most popular are Public Mobile, Chatr and Lucky.

You mean that Whistleout site? Speakout and Freedom would be compared for prepaid too.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Am a retired Telus employee. They came up with a special cell phone deal for us retirees about 5 years ago. $40 unlimited Canada calling, unlimited texting, 1 Gb of LTE data and $300 towards a new phone every 24 months. That wasn't a screaming deal but was as good as it gets at the time. But over the last 5 years nothing changed with the retirees plan and no option for more data though it was only 2c per extra Mb beyond the included 1Gb but $20 a Gb still isn't great.

Not wanting to leave TELUS I started looking around and basically got same plan less the new phone credit for $23. I stretch a phone out to the bitter end so not worth paying extra for the credit when it might be 5 years before I cash in.

Here is my landline phone. It still has lots of life left in it as well....

442C9D8A-0963-4733-9162-FD443E10B002.jpeg

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

I knew about Public Mobile since its days of being an independent expansion carrier.  For me, I was with Wind Mobile, and really me leaving them didn't have as much to do with Public Mobile's offerings, but rather with how bad the Wind network was at the time. I was paying $35/month for a plan with talk, text, and 5GB of data, yet that wasn't enough for them to keep me as a cutstomer.  When Public Mobile came out with the Fall Promo plan, I figured that I would only really be losing 1GB of non-throttled data and only paying $5 more. In return, I would get use of a network that actually worked.

Oracle

@Ed404 wrote:

Hey,

• A friend told me about it
  • Cheaper more data and an opportunity to lower my bill with rewards
  • I was with Rogers on a family share plan with 2.5GB of data for around $111 a month. I moved my wife and me over to the fall promo and we each got 4GB for $38 for 30 days (Breaking fall promo data and cost with autopay reward down to 30 days for comparison)

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *