cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why PM is playing Hide and Seek Plans ?

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi PM Family Members, 

Really, I am confused with lot of new plans and expections. 

Some plans are Ontario only 

Some plans are Only for exisiting Members, 

Some plans are only for freedom mobile customers, 

Some plans are limited time offer, 

Some plans are seen only through a link ? ? 

Seriously? Why PM is playing the Hide and Seek game? 

When I become a member back in 2016. Its simple, Its Legit and Its clean. 

Why we can't have simple plans for all ? 

Now, Day by day its confusion. Man Sad Man Sad Man Sad Man Sad 

11 REPLIES 11

Grampa

@srlawren

As an operations guy, I wholeheartedly agree and believe in Keep It Simple Stupid and Less Is More... Not less is less which some marketing guru must have invented out of desperation.  Alas, much of the corporate world today is run by short sighted marketers and accountants, and while they preach customer service, most see customers only as targets. No offence meant to the decent marketers and accountants out there.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Grampa wrote:

With Rogers you have to call customer retention every year, spend an hour on the phone, threaten to leave and beg for the best price you can get. They will try to sell you a bundle you don't need or want.  And you will still pay more than you do at PM.

@Grampa yes, which is one of the few remaining wonderful things about PM.  Until about 6 months or so ago, they had an AWSOME model based on simplicity and equality.  It didn't matter where you lived, whether you were an existing customer or new, and if new, where you were coming from.  There was no haggling, no negotiating with rentention people, no gouging people in some provinces while others paid far far less for exactly the same service that cost the same for the company to deliver, etc.

They had SIMPLE plans at GREAT prices, and everyone got offered the same thing (with the exception of promotions, but they were open to all as well).  Slowly but surely they are erroding the things that made PM so unique, and making it more and more like the traditional carriers.  I strongly dislike this direction, and have been very open with that to @Jeremy_M.  

Unfortunately, there is no sign of this continued errosion stopping any time soon.  Eventually, I imagine one day in the not too distant future we may have to haggle over pricing, threaten to leave to get treated like we mattered, etc.  I surely hope this never happens, but the march toward it has started and is quite noticeable.  It really stinks, to be honest.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I guess there can be some confusion at times.  It would be nice to clear things up before the promotions start.  

Grampa

With Rogers you have to call customer retention every year, spend an hour on the phone, threaten to leave and beg for the best price you can get. They will try to sell you a bundle you don't need or want.  And you will still pay more than you do at PM.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The answer is simple, there is a lack of competition and so the big 2 will merely do as they please without much impact.  With Telus and Bell jointed at the towers, it's hard to differentiate whether they are one or two independent companies.

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know that Telus owns Public Mobile but they certainly appear to operate as independent entities. Same for Bell/Virgin and Rogers/Fido.

@Audit13 wrote:

Public Mobile is not the only company that does this sort of marketing. The big 3 cell providers do the same sort of thing with port-in credits, retention/loyalty plans, bundling discounts, etc.

Public Mobile IS one of the Big 3.

Audit13

It is my belief that these plans exist in order to retain existing customers, obtain new customers, and target a specfic group of potential customers.

Public Mobile is not the only company that does this sort of marketing. The big 3 cell providers do the same sort of thing with port-in credits, retention/loyalty plans, bundling discounts, etc.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

@prasprime wrote:

Hi PM Family Members, 

Really, I am confused with lot of new plans and expections. 

Some plans are Ontario only 

Not true. I've seen on mobile syrup that people in other provinces getting the new promo plan

Some plans are Only for exisiting Members, 

All plans are for existing members, unless it is a "port in" promo (Freedom promos) 

Some plans are only for freedom mobile customers, 

Freedom is seen as one of PMs main compeitors (before the 3G plans). 

Some plans are limited time offer, 

A promo is supposed to be for "A Limited time". If it wasn't then it wouldnt really be a promotion. 

Some plans are seen only through a link ? ? 

Probably through advertising via facebook, twitter, ect. Remember cookies get saved in your browser. This is why you see ads. Thw plans still show on the website regardless

Seriously? Why PM is playing the Hide and Seek game? 

When I become a member back in 2016. Its simple, Its Legit and Its clean. 

Why we can't have simple plans for all ? 

Now, Day by day its confusion. Man Sad Man Sad Man Sad Man Sad 

Simon4s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Probably part of their strategy to manage and retain activations across three carriers. 

jeffster1970

Well, I didn't realize that there were any "Ontario" only plans, nor did I know of plans through "links" only. 

As for some of the other plans, for example, the Freedom Plan, it was to push some of us users of Freedom over to PM. (it worked for me)

I realize too there was a very time limited plan that happened at the same time as a new Freedom plan. Word has it that both PM and FM dropped these promo's mutually. 

Some of it is response to what chatr has been doing too. (the new PM 3G plans)

Very likely PM is trying to figure out how to get the best ARPU (Average Revenue Per User). 

One can hope that one day plans will have a more fair price in Canada. Or so one could hope. 

I think Freedom Mobile, if they play (and plan) it right, can do some real damage to the "Big 3". They just need to implement more towers and bandwidth. 

I'm happy with PM, though, and my 4GB/month (90 day 12GB), which ends up costing me $34/month is very comparable to what I was charged with Freedom at $35 (5GB) -- though I could keep full speed for an extra $10 (bringing total to 10GB/month for $45)

My son has Freedom (my account), and I pay $40/month for 6GB usage. 

Need Help? Let's chat.