cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why #474663 count Outgoing text ?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Today I just updated my iPhone 6s,I don’t sent any message out,how come from my account Usage account counts 3 outgoing message?

8 REPLIES 8

Jackhyf63

Thanks for explaining #474663! Everything getting smooth.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CalgaryBen FYI the reason that PM hasn't whitelisted those two special numbers is due to net neutrality.  This was an issue years ago when PM offered two different texting options:  one called Global which was the same as the current International option, and one that was just for texting to Canadian phone numbers (for slightly less money).  The issue is that the # that Apple texts to is outside of Canada, so everytime iSomething tried, PM would send back a text to the user saying their text couldn't be sent.  People complained and asked why it couldn't be whitelisted, but the reason was that they can't give automatic preferential treatment to it like that due to net neutrality.

My personal opionion is that this was a bit part of why PM scrapped the Canada-wide option and simplified the offerings, and I personally thought that was a great move.  I would love to see them scrap metered texitng as well, and replace the current $10 plan with a $15(ish) dollar plan with unlimited texting in both directions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Thank you reply back,but would you mind telling me how to remove the SMS permission from iPhone?

Actually it isn't the disabling of SMS that you'd want to carry out here.  If you don't want the iPhone to SMS 474663 (which I agree should ideally be "white-listed" and not counted, but that's unfortunately not the case), then you'll have to disable iMessage and FaceTime.  If you wish to use iMessage and FaceTime, then there's no way to prevent these phantom messages from being sent, AFAIK.

To disable iMessage and FaceTime (it's a good idea to disable these on device before you insert the SIM card -- you can disable them after/while SIM card is inserted, but then there's no guarantee that some messages won't be suppressed): Settings --> Messages --> iMessage (slider to left so background turns white), and also Settings --> Messages --> FaceTime (slider to left so background turns white).

@Jackhyf63

With iPhone, i do not think that you can remove permission.  Just try not to remove your sim card from your phone too often.  

Jackhyf63

Thank you reply back,but would you mind telling me how to remove the SMS permission from iPhone?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

Today I just updated my iPhone 6s,I don’t sent any message out,how come from my account Usage account counts 3 outgoing message?

As @RobertQc mentioned this is normal for both iPhones and Androids with Google.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@Jackhyf63

Sometimes within the first 24 hours, with iphones, it will attempt to send 9-12 texts.  Usually, it will stop by itself.  

As mentioned above, you could contact moderator to get adjustment if you are tight with your text allotment.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@Jackhyf63

This is normal. The most common issue is both iPhones usually 474663 (iMessage/FaceTime) and usually 7723 Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone.

On iPhone you want to disable iMessage and FaceTime (before you insert the sim card or you may still be some sent) if you want to use iMessage and FaceTime there is no way around these messages being sent. It's not public mobile its Apple, complain to them if you want.

Settings -> Messages -> iMessage (Slide to the left so slider backround is white)
Settings -> Messages > FaceTime (Slide to the left so slider backround is white)

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. Since your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these message

Need Help? Let's chat.