Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Who’s sticking around?

@ShawnC13 there need to raise money for 5G LTE 😃

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@UMMwrote:

There is ample case law, and extremely powerful consumer protection law (especially in Ontario) that prevents companies from saying one thing and doing another, just because "it's in the terms." Marketing promises made in writing are very difficult for companies to break... *IF* consumers wield the power they have to hold companies to account.

As we just did.

In addition to what @koimr1 said, any "strength in numbers" that we had previously has now dwindled with their lucrative migration offers. I would not count on this during their next attempt at a price increase.

Oracle

@ShawnC13wrote:

I am in decision moded right now.  $100 bill credit and $100 referral credits can go a long way.  6GB for $40 is a GREAT price.  I planned on paying 40 when I came over to PM so even though it would cost double what I pay now this is a tough choice.  Even if I do switch between my wife and I would be $80 a month.  When we were with Rogers we were at $110 and SHARED 2.5GB so saving $30 and each getting 6GB is AMAZING.  Will be making my decision over the next couple of days.

I still don't think the current pricing will be around forever.  I don't care what was said, this price will not be 12GB for $120 forever.  They will find a way to change it.

Don't forget to change sequentially so she can use the referral code from your new Koodo account. Or vice versa.

Man, it just occurred to me that a family could do really well with this $100 referral between their accounts.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@Ludditewrote:

Man, it just occurred to me that a family could do really well with this $100 referral between their accounts.

Yes. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Might as well take advantage of any offers we can get our grubby little hands on, we all know companies wouldn't hesitate to do so.

UMM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@koimr1wrote:

@UMMwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@UMMwrote:

Any Canadian carrier can raise their prices with 30 days notice. If you're looking for a guarantee you will not find it up here.

People keep repeating the mantra, "It's in the terms," as justification that carriers can raise prices at will.

PM in the past month is proof they can't.

There is ample case law, and extremely powerful consumer protection law (especially in Ontario) that prevents companies from saying one thing and doing another, just because "it's in the terms." Marketing promises made in writing are very difficult for companies to break... *IF* consumers wield the power they have to hold companies to account.

As we just did.

It's not a mantra - it's in the CTRC's Wireless Code: The Wireless Code, simplified

The wireless code does not subsume consumer rights laws and case law, and I find it curious why anyone would advocate otherwise.

Mayor / Maire

@willphwrote:

Gonna stick around for now but I also have one foot out the door.

It sucks cause this community has lost a lot of great members im sure.

@willph I have yet to visit it (but likely will very shortly), but there is a Koodo community too.  Many of the members you are familiar with here I think probably already are or will shortly be arriving in the Koodo community.....  maybe keep an eye out there?  Smiley Happy 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@UMMwrote:

The wireless code does not subsume consumer rights laws and case law, and I find it curious why anyone would advocate otherwise.

*shrug*

Your definition of "advocate" must mean something different than what I'm used to - I've already told you I don't like how it is either.

If you're just desperately seeking someone to internet-fight over this with then great, have at it.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawrenwrote:

@willphwrote:

Gonna stick around for now but I also have one foot out the door.

It sucks cause this community has lost a lot of great members im sure.

@willph I have yet to visit it (but likely will very shortly), but there is a Koodo community too.  Many of the members you are familiar with here I think probably already are or will shortly be arriving in the Koodo community.....  maybe keep an eye out there?  Smiley Happy 

Thanks @srlawren !  I'll take a peek.  But it isn't really a sense of familiar members more so the community we built in order to better support each other and in a way....make things run.  Sense of pride.  I didn't post much during the past year but towards the beginning I took pride in helping others after i got sorted and so many people assisted me.  Remember getting that first community reward and was like... "hell yaaaa".  haha.

We shall see where the cookies all crumble.  I wish PM was a bit more transparent and clear with what the future looks like.  They said in their post that they are a transparent company but these past few months have been a bit dark. Im still hoping it all turns around for the better.  If not, I'll pop over to Koodo.  Bell arm is still too expensive out here on the east coast, and Rogers is just a no-no for signal.  My only real alternative for decent service and price may be Eastlink.  

UMM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@koimr1wrote:

@UMMwrote:

*shrug*

Your definition of "advocate" must mean something different than what I'm used to - I've already told you I don't like how it is either.

You are correct on this point. Instead of "advocate" I should have said "incorrectly argue."

@UMMwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@UMMwrote:

*shrug*

You are correct on this point. Instead of "advocate" I should have said "incorrectly argue."

Yes! Very good! Writing that telecoms use the CRTC Wireless Code to change plans and adding that I don't like it either is incorrectly arguing for it! Sound logic and comprehension!

Good job, sir. You have won this hard-fought, self-made argument against someone who essentially agrees with you! Smiley Happy