cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who’s sticking around?

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Seems like these forums have deteriorated into a place to discuss migration offers and not much else. I’ve even seen some who’s leaving threads. I plan on keeping an eye out for better options but will be sticking around until that time. 

So, who all plans on sticking around?

85 REPLIES 85

nivuniconnu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

flubby booba is also here 😎👍

pwalker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Noted Luddtite! Thanks 

@pwalker Don't forget to encourage your friends to put your number in the referral box. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pwalker

I as well, when you have been a dedicated client with Bell mobility for over 20 years with 2 accounts, and at a cost of over 150 dollars a month, joining PM was just a practical decision, albiet I was very nervous switching over, since I never had issues per say with Bell, as long as you dont mess with your account. I have absolutely no isues changing over from Bell to PM, and saved me a pile of money. I am not going anywhere. Perhaps I am somewhat not getting the flaming responses here on this thread? Although I dont have the time to nitpick plans. My honest opinion is that the folks here want to play the victim card. Having said that, set up with PM was easy, I will recommend them to my circle of friends, unless of course there is something that I have yet to understand?? 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tzliuwrote:

Kind of pathetic - people leering around and use PM forum as fishing pool. Now the offering is over (bracing for price increase next?), hope we will say permanent goodby to those.

@tzliu you can throw stones and call me pathetic if you like, it doesn't bother me.  I put over 2 years of dedication into this community and was one of the original oracles until stepping down a few months ago.  

Here's the thing:  the only reason I didn't mind trying to fish a little for Koodo referrals is that until the Public Mobile referrals, which only benefit the referrer, the Koodo referral credits reward both the referer and the referee equally, and $25 is better than $0 if someone was intent on moving to Koodo anyway.  I've never tried to sway anyone to move over for personal gain, no would I ever.  

Have a lovely day.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

torontokris

@will13amwrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@sheytoonwrote:

I'm also staying for pretty much the same reasons as @computergeek541. I don't want to pay more for something I won't use.

And even though people will disagree, I don't think PM will raise prices on the fall promo plan. I do think Koodo will raise prices in a year or two.

Nobody knows for sure but I personally think about it like this... who's more likely to get a price increase the 4gb $40 online only self-help no retail store plan or $40 6gb medium phone tab customer support canada wide plan from a company offering $45 for talk/text no data plan (in ontario)

Too much trying to make sense of the pricing based on markup.

Isn't that what for profit companies do? Analyze markup 

Wonder_why

@will13am well said, I moved all my PM account to Koodo, let rides the roller costers Cat Happy with $300 referrals Heart Koodo

@sheytoonwrote:

I'm also staying for pretty much the same reasons as @computergeek541. I don't want to pay more for something I won't use.

And even though people will disagree, I don't think PM will raise prices on the fall promo plan. I do think Koodo will raise prices in a year or two.

A year or two is an eternity.  Lots of change can happen to obsolete our plans.  I have put some of my eggs into the Koodo basket where I come out ahead in the next several years.  Those accounts that only receive auto pay and loyalty rewards have been moved.  All it took was a couple of referrals on the Koodo end to absorb the roughly 10% price difference for the next 2 to 3 years.  The deal clincher is getting some cheap hardware which will never be available with this service.  In spite of having to pay a lot more for my primary account now, I still have enough buffer to absorb the entire $10 price increase that was proposed.  I don't need 2 more gigs of data.  The migrated accounts can be used to get hardware for myself and so for all these reasons I will be here until new information comes along to revise the decision making.

@torontokriswrote:

@sheytoonwrote:

Nobody knows for sure but I personally think about it like this... who's more likely to get a price increase the 4gb $40 online only self-help no retail store plan or $40 6gb medium phone tab customer support canada wide plan from a company offering $45 for talk/text no data plan (in ontario)

Too much trying to make sense of the pricing based on markup.

@computergeek541wrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@sheytoonwrote:

I've never read about Koodo increase base plan prices on existing customers, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen.

If we take what I consider be the closest plan currently offered by Public Mobile when compared to Fall Promo 2016, the currrent-day plan would be 90 days provincial calling, text, 15GB LTE.  The price of that plan converted to monthly is roughly $60.

But for the Koodo 6GB $40 migration plan, the closest in-market plan (at least in my province of Ontario) is the $70 5GB plan. 

When looking at that there is a bigger difference in promotional price compared to "regular" pricing.  I beleive that gives Koodo more reason to raise the price more than Public Mobile.

You are trying to apply common sense when it doesn't apply.  If history is an indication of the future, price stability is much better with Koodo.  When I migrated some of the family and assisted friends, I asked at every opportunity Koodo agents about price stability and invariably the answer was they have not seen any existing plan face a price increase as if reading from the same script.  I know people who have been riding the Koodo prairie plan train for years and they have faced no price increase.  In fact, pricing for the Manitoba plan has never been cheaper than it is today at $44 for 5 gigs with large tab eligibility. 

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541wrote:

@srlawrenwrote:

@computergeek541 need a referral link? 🙂

hahaha  😉

I'm pretty sure I am going to stay even though I've been tempted.  If I was going for Koodo, I probably would have made another Koodo Webstore order before the last day.

I can't blame you for trying. I'm sure there might be others who ask you for a link tonight so that you both get the bonues.

Kind of pathetic - people leering around and use PM forum as fishing pool. Now the offering is over (bracing for price increase next?), hope we will say permanent goodby to those.

The virtue (or whatever you call it) of prepaid - peace of mind.  Koodo offer is great but why pay something you are never to going to use?  

@srlawrenwrote:

hahaha  😉

I'm pretty sure I am going to stay even though I've been tempted.  If I was going for Koodo, I probably would have made another Koodo Webstore order before the last day.

I can't blame you for trying. I'm sure there might be others who ask you for a link tonight so that you both get the bonues.

@torontokriswrote:

@sheytoonwrote:

I've never read about Koodo increase base plan prices on existing customers, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen.

If we take what I consider be the closest plan currently offered by Public Mobile when compared to Fall Promo 2016, the currrent-day plan would be 90 days provincial calling, text, 15GB LTE.  The price of that plan converted to monthly is roughly $60.

But for the Koodo 6GB $40 migration plan, the closest in-market plan (at least in my province of Ontario) is the $70 5GB plan. 

When looking at that there is a bigger difference in promotional price compared to "regular" pricing.  I beleive that gives Koodo more reason to raise the price more than Public Mobile.

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@sheytoonwrote:

With a few hours left to make another online order at Koodo, I am still tempted.  There's absoultely nothing wrong with the Koodo plan.  It is a very good buy compared to almost every other plan available.

I know Koodo does have data overage and overseas calling safeguards in place, but I still don't like postpaid as much as prepaid.  There's still the opportunity for accidental (or deliberate if your phone is stolen) for U.S. long distance charges and premium text messages.  I'm not sure if it's just me but I always got the impression that wireless customers always thought that they don't want prepaid because of the fact that it stops working if you pay late.  The same thing happens with postpaid plans, except for the fact that there is more leeway, although you'll be charged late payment fees on postpaid if you do that.

There's a certain point that, if everything else remained equal (example: prepaid to prepaid, nothing worse with the Koodo plan compared to the Public plan, etc.), the extra  long distance within Canada and the extra data (about 2GB per month) might be worth about $5 to me even if I didn't needs those extras.  But everything else isn't the same when comparing this Public plan (Fall Promo 2016) vs. the Koodo $40 6GB plan. 

With my Public Mobile rewards, I'm down to about $31 per month, so even that is $9 more at Koodo which is more than I've decided the extra data is worth as a security blanket.

I have about 3 weeks left in my 90 days.  I just passed the 1GB mark about 3 days ago.

As for the thinking that Public Mobile is going to try again to increase the price, Koodo could also do that.  I don't trust any carrier to forever honor a price for "life". 

Wonder_why

No providers can provide $40/6GB Data with the works,rides while we can 😃😄

torontokris

@sheytoonwrote:

Stormy

@torontokriswrote:

Hope you used yourself as a referral when you signed her up.

But ot course.  Smiley Very Happy

torontokris

@SEwrote:

Really? I didn’t get that promo. I was sent the following: Public Mobile here again! By popular demand, we've extended your offer! Switch to a monthly rate plan with our sister-brand, Koodo, and get 4GB of data, unlimited international text AND unlimited Canada-Wide minutes for $45 per month! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab! ALSO receive $100 in bill credits! Redeem online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service and input promo code GOKOODOR454. Offer valid for (my phone #). Your validation code is your phone number. Offer ends March 15th, 2018. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

Because your on a different plan

torontokris

@Stormywrote:

Not only still here and not going anywhere, but just recently signed my wife up for the 30/30/1GB plan (which for her data usage is perfect for her).

Hope you used yourself as a referral when you signed her up.

Stormy

Not only still here and not going anywhere, but just recently signed my wife up for the 30/30/1GB plan (which for her data usage is perfect for her).

daniel_tang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

same here.

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1 day left! I'm still here .

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ima be here; Fall 2016 promo here 😛

srlawren

@SE you were offered the Koodo promo that is available for Public Mobile customers on a 90 day plan that includes 6GB of data (or approx 2GB per month) for $120 (with province-wide talk and global text) or $135 (with Canada-wide calling and global text). 

There is a different promo for Public Mobile customers on a 90 day plan that includes 12GB of data (approx 4GB per month), province-wide talk, and global texting and are paying $120.  That Koodo plan is 6GB (per month of course) with Canada-wide talk and global texting for $40.

You were previoulsy asking about 12GB plans at Public Mobile.  There was a promo open to anyone back in Oct-Nov 2016 that gave us the aforementioned 12GB (over 90 days), province-wide talk, and global texting for $120.  The same plan was offered....early last year some time, but only to Freedom Mobile customers porting their number in.  Other than during those promo offerings, you could still get the same plan, but it would cost you more.  I believe you can still get it today, and can get even larger buckets of data if you don't mind the throttled "3G"-like data speeds.

Wonder_why

@SEwrote:

I don’t get why you would switch if you will lose 6GB?

@SE actually I gain 6GB Data over 90 days,now every month I have 6GB Data to used plus Canada Wide Calling 😄

SE

Really? I didn’t get that promo. I was sent the following: Public Mobile here again! By popular demand, we've extended your offer! Switch to a monthly rate plan with our sister-brand, Koodo, and get 4GB of data, unlimited international text AND unlimited Canada-Wide minutes for $45 per month! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab! ALSO receive $100 in bill credits! Redeem online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service and input promo code GOKOODOR454. Offer valid for (my phone #). Your validation code is your phone number. Offer ends March 15th, 2018. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

torontokris

@SEwrote:

The promo plan was 12gb/90 days/$120 so 4gb/$40/30 days. It wasn't 12gb /month.

the koodo offer is 6gb/month/$40 so technically gaining 2gb/month overall

SE

Need Help? Let's chat.