cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who’s sticking around?

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Seems like these forums have deteriorated into a place to discuss migration offers and not much else. I’ve even seen some who’s leaving threads. I plan on keeping an eye out for better options but will be sticking around until that time. 

So, who all plans on sticking around?

85 REPLIES 85

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@willphwrote:

Gonna stick around for now but I also have one foot out the door.

It sucks cause this community has lost a lot of great members im sure.

@willph I have yet to visit it (but likely will very shortly), but there is a Koodo community too.  Many of the members you are familiar with here I think probably already are or will shortly be arriving in the Koodo community.....  maybe keep an eye out there?  🙂 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

UMM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@koimr1wrote:

@UMMwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@UMMwrote:

Any Canadian carrier can raise their prices with 30 days notice. If you're looking for a guarantee you will not find it up here.

People keep repeating the mantra, "It's in the terms," as justification that carriers can raise prices at will.

PM in the past month is proof they can't.

There is ample case law, and extremely powerful consumer protection law (especially in Ontario) that prevents companies from saying one thing and doing another, just because "it's in the terms." Marketing promises made in writing are very difficult for companies to break... *IF* consumers wield the power they have to hold companies to account.

As we just did.

It's not a mantra - it's in the CTRC's Wireless Code: The Wireless Code, simplified

The wireless code does not subsume consumer rights laws and case law, and I find it curious why anyone would advocate otherwise.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ludditewrote:

Man, it just occurred to me that a family could do really well with this $100 referral between their accounts.

Yes. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Might as well take advantage of any offers we can get our grubby little hands on, we all know companies wouldn't hesitate to do so.

@ShawnC13wrote:

I am in decision moded right now.  $100 bill credit and $100 referral credits can go a long way.  6GB for $40 is a GREAT price.  I planned on paying 40 when I came over to PM so even though it would cost double what I pay now this is a tough choice.  Even if I do switch between my wife and I would be $80 a month.  When we were with Rogers we were at $110 and SHARED 2.5GB so saving $30 and each getting 6GB is AMAZING.  Will be making my decision over the next couple of days.

I still don't think the current pricing will be around forever.  I don't care what was said, this price will not be 12GB for $120 forever.  They will find a way to change it.

Don't forget to change sequentially so she can use the referral code from your new Koodo account. Or vice versa.

Man, it just occurred to me that a family could do really well with this $100 referral between their accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Watoko

@UMMwrote:

There is ample case law, and extremely powerful consumer protection law (especially in Ontario) that prevents companies from saying one thing and doing another, just because "it's in the terms." Marketing promises made in writing are very difficult for companies to break... *IF* consumers wield the power they have to hold companies to account.

As we just did.

In addition to what @koimr1 said, any "strength in numbers" that we had previously has now dwindled with their lucrative migration offers. I would not count on this during their next attempt at a price increase.

Wonder_why

@ShawnC13 there need to raise money for 5G LTE 😃

willph
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Gonna stick around for now but I also have one foot out the door.

It sucks cause this community has lost a lot of great members im sure.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i will stick around too.

can't give up 2.5 months worth of service plus an additional $60 thats already in the account.

koimr1

@UMMwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@UMMwrote:

Any Canadian carrier can raise their prices with 30 days notice. If you're looking for a guarantee you will not find it up here.

People keep repeating the mantra, "It's in the terms," as justification that carriers can raise prices at will.

As we just did.

It's not a mantra - it's in the CTRC's Wireless Code: The Wireless Code, simplified

I don't like it any more than you do and the PM promo wording was absolutely misleading but legally they have the right to change it with 30 days notice - our "protection" being the choice to either move elsewhere or suck it up. I think if the complaint process had progressed they would've won but the public relations hit would've been a disaster for them.

Edit: I should probably change that last sentence to "an even worse disaster".

UMM

@koimr1wrote:

@UMMwrote:

(Edited to remove the suggestion anyone in particular is a shill!)

As we just did.

mtfolks

It’s crazy how things have changed. A couple months ago there would have been a bunch of super loyal responses in this thread. Now, even those of us sticking around for now have one foot out the door already. 

This seems like a good case study in how not to treat your customers. Or, perhaps, a better case study in how to blow up a brand you no longer want to keep running. 

@UMMwrote:

Those are good ideas.

My main concern is that Koodo will raise the base price. At least with PM we have the precedent of their being forced to back off a price increase due to a public promise not to. 

If you think that you will be able to hold Telus off from raising the price on your plan you are dreaming.  I am thinking sometime in May there will be another attempt as that will be around a year from when the Freedom promo went out I think or was it July?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

koimr1

@UMMwrote:

Those are good ideas.

My main concern is that Koodo will raise the base price. At least with PM we have the precedent of their being forced to back off a price increase due to a public promise not to. 

I've taken a quick look and haven't seen that Koodo has increased current customers' rates so that's good - but previous paragraph still stands.

I'm trying to look at the recent credits offered (the promo's $100 and the $50/$100 referrals) as a good thing. If Koodo/Telus want to make money off us they'll want us to stay long enough to do - should they raise rates anytime soon, and taking into account the recent PM debacle, they will have a bunch of upset customers jumping ship to a Telus competitor before making back those credits.

UMM

@ShawnC13wrote:

@UMMwrote:

and a BAIT price.

It'll go up with inevitable overages, foreign roaming, etc. Why else would they be pushing it so hard?

The $120 for 12GB could be called a bait price as well.  This price will not last forever.

What overages?  SHOCK FREE data.  I have to physically approve any data that would be over my data bucket.  So I would choose not to use it.  Foreign Roaming?  Turn off roaming in your settings.  As for why else are they pushing, maybe they want to be direct competition with Lucky and Chatr who knows.  But this is an offer I have to really think about.

Those are good ideas.

@UMMwrote:

and a BAIT price.

It'll go up with inevitable overages, foreign roaming, etc. Why else would they be pushing it so hard?

The $120 for 12GB could be called a bait price as well.  This price will not last forever.

What overages?  SHOCK FREE data.  I have to physically approve any data that would be over my data bucket.  So I would choose not to use it.  Foreign Roaming?  Turn off roaming in your settings.  As for why else are they pushing, maybe they want to be direct competition with Lucky and Chatr who knows.  But this is an offer I have to really think about.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

shartomjam

I am also sticking around for the time being.  I am on the $120/6GB plan and I hardly ever use even half of my data allotment.  I would need to see an offer like $35 3 or 4 GB to make the jump.  I was offered $45 4GB but I don't want to pay more and I don't need more data.  Just keeping my fingers crossed that things at PM will settle down soon.

Lg85

I'm sticking around for now because I didn't receive a text message. Smiley LOL I am on the regular price $45 2GB LTE plan. If I had the 4GB/$40 promo and received one of those messages for the Koodo offers, I would have considered switching. 

I always thought Public Mobile was a really unique telecommunication company with an awesome way of doing business (autopay rewards, referral rewards, community rewards, and loyalty rewards). After last month's fiasco, I am really unsure what is happening to this company going forward.

UMM

@ShawnC13wrote:

I am in decision moded right now.  $100 bill credit and $100 referral credits can go a long way.  6GB for $40 is a GREAT price.

and a BAIT price.

I am in decision moded right now.  $100 bill credit and $100 referral credits can go a long way.  6GB for $40 is a GREAT price.  I planned on paying 40 when I came over to PM so even though it would cost double what I pay now this is a tough choice.  Even if I do switch between my wife and I would be $80 a month.  When we were with Rogers we were at $110 and SHARED 2.5GB so saving $30 and each getting 6GB is AMAZING.  Will be making my decision over the next couple of days.

I still don't think the current pricing will be around forever.  I don't care what was said, this price will not be 12GB for $120 forever.  They will find a way to change it.

UMM

I'm sticking, for as long as Telus is forced to give us what they promised us. Almost out of principle at this point! I have a great plan, with 12GB as I choose over 3 months (tend to use data in large spurts at places like friends' cottages) and cheap U.S. roaming -- why leave one broken trust relationship for an unknown?

When I leave Public Mobile, it will be for Freedom and their sweet iPhone 8 deal. They now have a better arrangement for roaming in away zones, giving 250-500MB "Away" data.

BTW, does anyone know where it says we signed up for 4G service with PM?

911onFire

Still hanging out.. still got some referrals.. and I don't come close to reaching my 12gb as try for wifi usage whenever possible. Loyalty bonuses are nice.. but will PM make it to the 5 year mark for us to benefit from it?

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Also on the fence... will the fence be able to carry all of us?

torontokris

I agree with you... however that appears like what Telus wants us to do... leave PM to Koodo. So what they are doing is working / got buzz / activity

Wonder_why

@poutinecitywrote:

I'm on the fence. Hopefully Koodo kiosks will stop calling me.

@poutinecity you can blocked the call easy as 1 2 3 😄

poutinecity

I'm on the fence. Hopefully Koodo kiosks will stop calling me.

Need Help? Let's chat.