cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who else is LOV'IN Public Mobile?

Timberlandfarm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been 5 days now, since my husband's phone got converted and activated and I am 3 days and counting since the conversion! Loving this ! Never felt so free from Rogers! the handcuffs have been removed!!!! Thank you to all who reviewed PM on line as that is why I decided to convert and kick Rogers to the curb!!!

Can not wait to sing the praises of PM from the mountain tops! 

Next stop is to give the add ons a try Smiley Happy

Thank you all!!!! Heart

19 REPLIES 19

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AE_Collector wrote:

Two weeks tomorrow to my 1 year anniversary and another $1 a month discount on my service! Right On!

AE_Collector

Loyalty discounts are much better than annual price increases! Smiley Very Happy

Two weeks tomorrow to my 1 year anniversary and another $1 a month discount on my service! Right On!

AE_Collector

ben89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was a headache to start because my first sim card didn't work and I was couple of days without a phone... but now everything works great and I'm happy to found a network with normal prices and I don't ending up with a $100 bill end of the month 😄

flager

I've been with PM for over a year now. I love that I'm in control of my account, my plan and contract free... I couldn't be happier with the mod team and the community for assistance  with solutions to issues that I have had... much better service than Bell & Rogers... I  tell everyone who is looking to change cellular provider about PM. Thanks PM!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Timberlandfarm wrote:

It has been 5 days now, since my husband's phone got converted and activated and I am 3 days and counting since the conversion! Loving this ! Never felt so free from Rogers! the handcuffs have been removed!!!! Thank you to all who reviewed PM on line as that is why I decided to convert and kick Rogers to the curb!!!

Thank you all!!!! Heart

I don’t know yet. It took me 3 days to get signed up! I had several technical errors, tons of reading posts, aggravations, stress, overtired. Fixed my own technical issues. So, this is my 1st real day of working service. I will let ya know. 🤣 

All that aside, I think I will be really happy. 😃

p.s. I also switched from Rogers.  

jor123

The throttled lte works great for my day to day usage. Now if only it was unlimited 128kbps after the allotment was used up. Smiley Wink

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Abbydad wrote:

Yes, I'm loving it too. At first, I thought I'd miss LTE speeds. But the throttled LTE is fast enough that I have zero issues. 

The full LTE speed are nice, but if this were 10 years ago, we's be thrilled with that speed on a cell phone, and many might have beem satisfied with that, even for a home internet connection.

I believe that people have become more impatient than before (myself included), but is that 3 seconds longer that it took for a video to start playback really that big of a deal?  Downloading updates for Windows wouldn't be fun at 3Mbps.

To be fair @popping 

You can't really blame Rogers for user error

Rogers (and Bell / Telus) do not supply txt to landline

That functionality is through a 3rd party vendor

So if you did not want to pay for it you could have simply disabled it

Cat Tongue

@popping wrote:

@Timberlandfarm 

Welcome to PM.

I hate Rogers charged me $1 for sending a text message to a landline.  How do I know a number is a landline?  PM is prepaid and no overage.

Lapis_19

@Timberlandfarm wrote:

Thank you all!!!! Heart

Welcome to the family! 

3 wks and really loving all of it, specially the fact that the service is a big improvement from Freedom. 

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

The full LTE speed are nice, but if this were 10 years ago, we's be thrilled with that speed on a cell phone, and many might have beem satisfied with that, even for a home internet connection. I believe that people have become more impatient than before (myself included), but is that 3 seconds longer that it took for a video to start playback really that big of a deal?  Downloading updates for Windows wouldn't be fun at 3Mbps.

Well it also is not fun trying to dl a 34MB app off the playstore either and it just sits there deciding if its going to dl. When it finally did I actually had to cheer on the progress bar like a turtle race to the finish line. I then dl'ed the same app on the wifes phone who was still on koodo and you didnt even see the progress bar. It went from downloading to installing in a nano second 

@Abbydad wrote:

Yes, I'm loving it too. At first, I thought I'd miss LTE speeds. But the throttled LTE is fast enough that I have zero issues. 

The full LTE speed are nice, but if this were 10 years ago, we's be thrilled with that speed on a cell phone, and many might have beem satisfied with that, even for a home internet connection.

I believe that people have become more impatient than before (myself included), but is that 3 seconds longer that it took for a video to start playback really that big of a deal?  Downloading updates for Windows wouldn't be fun at 3Mbps.

DL888

I'm Lov'in It!

I just stole that solgans Smiley Wink

Abbydad

Yes, I'm loving it too. At first, I thought I'd miss LTE speeds. But the throttled LTE is fast enough that I have zero issues. The savings are awesome, especially when you factor in the loyalty rewards!

@lukevader  Koodo = VoLTE and PM = 3G for calls so Koodo would be more reliable. 

lukevader

I was here back in the 90 day LTE days but left for an amazing $60/10GB plan from koodo then upped to $75/20GB. I got some real good referral deals there at first too but now I'm coming to realize that speed isnt everything. I came back for the $60 USA plan which is pretty sweet and unique.

I am however noting that calls here seem to get dropped a lot more frequently than they ever did when I was on Koodo. The jurys still out on this problem.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've been with PM now for over 2 months and it's ben a great experience. Saving money, earning rewards, and learning a lot with the community. Flawless so far. Looking forward to many good years to come.

Lemony_Snicket

Just got here a couple of months ago.  So far so good.  I got a taste of community rewards.  Hope to get some of the other reward categories also.  Who doesn't like a lower monthly bill or should I say 30 days.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am into year 4 since saying goodbye to Wind.  Time flies.  I am looking forward to earning $5 loyalty rewards. 

Timberlandfarm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not to turn this into a Rogers bashing party, however Smiley Wink I just wasted 12 years with them, to have them charge $250 in roaming as they put the travel pack on my husbands phone which was at home and turned off! Smiley Mad and hours on the phone to try and get them to sort it out! TIme I will never get back! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Timberlandfarm 

Welcome to PM.

I hate Rogers charged me $1 for sending a text message to a landline.  How do I know a number is a landline?  PM is prepaid and no overage.

Need Help? Let's chat.