cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the loyal members?

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bashing, foul language, complaints, even the most loyal members loose it or give up.

That's what I read in here in almost every discussion thread.

I completely understand the uproar but from what I could understand, the old contracts are not affected by the price hike. I guess PM wants to go back to the little family they were. I have nothing against it.

As long as I keep my $120/90 day plan and get Autopay Rewards + Loyalty Rewards + Referral Rewards I am still a happy customer with the best price and network in Canada.

Where are those loyal customers (who clearly are upset as well) but who still think PM is the right family to be with? Say hi.

27 REPLIES 27

Acekiller

being loyal doesn't mean being stupid and follow blindly. Speaking the truth is best evidence of loyalty.

Watoko

@imm1304 wrote:

Some more thoughts:  

Its good to speak up and let PM know what we expect from them and what we think they should be doing.  However, we are in no position to be selfish with regards to this matter.  The only truly unselfish act we can do as PM customers is to give away our promo plan account to someone in greater need of this deal.  🙂

@will13am wrote:

I would agree the most selfless act is to give away ones promo account to someone else.  I will be the first to admit I am not that altruistic.  However, I would be more than willing to help others to be where I am.

Good points. For sure that would be the most selfless act, but that is not realistic. What we can do to help people is be an advocate, and that is why some of us are vocal with our opinions. 

@srlawren@Luddite and other Oracles, thanks for being our advocates on the private channels.

On another note, 100% brand loyalty is naive and if you just accept things as they come, people will just roll all over you. Just some food for thought 🙂

I am still here with Ralph by my side.RalphRalph

Just did a reality check with my frugal partner (not as frugal as I though! Robot LOL) as to what cost saving would it take to have her leave Rogers/Bell/Telus? She repiled: "It depends:

a) If they piss my off keeping me on hold for 3 hours, or offering a great plan to only new customers, then there does not need to be ANY savings, or

b) $15/month saving would do it". Oddly, that seems to be about the current differential.

So, the new PM marketeing strategy, on the surface at least, seems ok for attracting customers just entering the market, frugal shoppers who have been stuck with the new pricing, and the disgruntled. Maybe it will work?

I do completely agree the new plans are a shock of ice water, and a concern that grandfathering may be waning. BUT why worry, be happy with today. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Chaos_Scorpio

Im on occasionally, got more busy at work. 

but getting tired of responding to the same stuff over and over and over ... search will find your problem most of the time... 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ute1978 we're still here, but feel a bit kicked and defeated.  Lots of good stuff has been said here so I'll sum it up and echo:  yes, I'm entirely thrilled with my 2016 Fall Promo plan and happy to keep using it for the forseeable future. no, I am NOT at all happy with the current direction of the company, and yes I am very concerned for new customers, and for the future. As @NDesai mentioned, we (community oracles) have definitely been providing this type of feedback to PM through our private channel, and will continue to do so in hopes that it may make a difference.  

So in summary, I'm happy with what I've got, but entirely unhappy with the situation at hand.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where is my loyalty? It is precisely aligned with the loyalty held by Public Mobile and the parent company, Telus.

For me (personally), that means keeping my plan costs low and usable. I have an awesome plan!

For Telus, that means maximizing profits for shareholders. It looks like growing and retaining the customer base. By all accounts, their recent promotion to attract Freedom Mobile customers was wildly successful. That's growth for 2017.

How many of those new customers will accept the support model? If customers flee the Telus network due to frustration with support or costly upgrade plans, that will reduce profits.

I suspect Telus is betting that subscribers will flee PM for Koodo. That would be excellent for shareholders.

For me (socially), that means being able to recommend PM to the dozen or so friends that might have subscribed, after their devices were paid for. I am already putting out the word that new PM plans are too expensive.

Extrapolate out to how all current subscribers talk about PM in their respective social networks. That could kill growth for 2018.

As has already been said, that might be what Telus wants.

Radeonic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pretty much repeating what's already said here, but think about the flipside. The community flipped because we cared? If no one here in the community cares, there wouldn't be this much outrage in the forum.

If anything, this [huge] pricing difference in plans has now fractured futher our community where there's the first pre-Telus granfathered plans, the now grandfathered $40 plans and the currently more expensive and slower plans.

I think it is selfish for us to be contend with our exclusive plans, if anything, this is not the way to grow this community or brand at all.

imm1304

I agree with you @will13am.  The Oracles have also been giving strong and consructive feedback very much in line with the general mood of the community, directly to PM in private.  Its unlikely to get any friend looking for a better option to transfer to PM with the new prices given that multiple good options are out there.  Also, I agree and have been saying all along that there will be promos this year too.  So my impression is that PM is focusing on promo-based growth spurts and they have got to know already that the price increases are not going to be popular.  

@ShawnC13, Yes let me know when you want the plan for your kids.  😉

Just like you said, PM got us involved in the community on a daily basis and naturally they have to hear us out.  The concerns are real and rooted in best intentions with what we perceive as mutual best interests... lets just see where this goes.  

@imm1304 wrote:

Some more thoughts:  

Its good to speak up and let PM know what we expect from them and what we think they should be doing.  However, we are in no position to be selfish with regards to this matter.  The only truly unselfish act we can do as PM customers is to give away our promo plan account to someone in greater need of this deal.  🙂

This is awesome to hear @imm1304, I know who to approach for my kids when they leave for College and need a better planSmiley Tongue.  They didn't jump at the promo because they didn't want to buy out their phone and well with them seeing how much data I have they wish they had.

FYI:  I am a firm believer thanks to @Luddite that everyday low price is the best and safest way forward, so I do disagree with the direction PM has taken but recognize that its not my decision to make so I sit back and watch how this unfolds.  

It isn't our decision that is correct. Telus is going to do what is best for Telus and that will get handed down to PM as well.  I also will watch in unfold but will also speak up and let them know how I feel about.  By their whole business model of having a community look after each other they have chosen to give us a voice with this forum.  They shouldn't expect us to help with their customer service and then keep quiet if we feel something isn't right.  Now others have said they have read  language and more I haven't seen any of this and do not approve of that.  If you can't express your point in an articulate manner there is no need to be offensive.  We are still a community and will only stay a strong one if we work together. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TheOldVR

@Watoko wrote:

To add onto what @ShawnC13 and @will13am have said, loyalty based on sticking to the status quo with whatever the company is doing like a flock of sheep is just silly. By voicing our concerns, we are showing that we care about this company, and we want it to succeed, as well as helping others in getting the best value.

It is critical that we speak up given that wireless competition in Canada is already quite abysmal.

^^^ This, agreed 10000%!!!

I've lost some referral credits, but I'm still good here.

And... I have to admit that I had a bit of fun with the #LessForMore thing, but it's done and in place now. Things could change again in a heart beat.

Either way, I've tagged @Shazia_K and @Mary_M so many times now that I wouldn't want them to miss the attention if I left!!!  Smiley Wink.

@imm1304 wrote:

Some more thoughts:  

Its important to recognize that We (me first) are just interested in a great deal and think that our happiness with PM will be suffficient to make PM a resounding success.  Sadly, our interests don't align well with PM's interests in terms of pricing as clearly indicated by the recent changes.   

PM may listen to us with full attention and acknowledge our feedback with respect but ultimately they will do what they think is best for their company.  And we are free to do whats best for our wallets and peace of mind. Market pressures and profitability will clash forever and we can expect waves of promos followed by periods of high regular prices.  

FYI:  I am a firm believer thanks to @Luddite that everyday low price is the best and safest way forward, so I do disagree with the direction PM has taken but recognize that its not my decision to make so I sit back and watch how this unfolds.  

I would agree the most selfless act is to give away ones promo account to someone else.  I will be the first to admit I am not that altruistic.  However, I would be more than willing to help others to be where I am.

As for expecting alignment between a seller and a buyer, only in sufficient quantities to get the deal done and not much more.  I don't profess to run the company, but I believe I can be influential if the company wants more deals if you know what I mean.  No matter how far apart things are today, eventually there needs to be alignment again even if for another fleeting moment.  Until such time, I guess I won't be earning more referral rewards, if only the system would stop leaking my existing rewards.

Everyday low prices are for the less adventurous shopper.  Active shoppers always need to be on top of the next big sale.  Sellers need to be rewarded appropriately for having good sales.  Good things don't come to those who are standing still.

I'm a loyal member to PM. I'm also on the fall promo. My one year is coming up in November. Everyone is just concerned about what the direction that PM is taking, and if the grandfathered plans are going to be affected with this new pricing. Unless the price of the fall promo changes drastically I'm staying

PM has been saving me lots of money, as well as the people I have referred. I'll just make another compassion about my loyalty.

I'm a leafs fan. I may only be 23 years old. But I'm a loyal leaf fan. Think of how us leaf fans felt for years. I may be younger but think about those who are 30 or 40+ and are still loyal despite now cups in basically 50 years and how bad they were. Think of all the bashing some of them may have done. Its not because they aren't loyal. Its because they are passionate and love the team and want them to succeed. Yes comparing hockey to mobile services isn't really the same, but the loyalty is still there

I'm one of Public Mobile's Deepest Loyal Clients, I do like the Plan I have, and my Mother changing the Plan from the Legacy $60 to the 90 Day equivalent similar version, I have NO regrets, BUT, I do admit the new changes are troubling, and I hope These 3G Stuff are ONLY Temporary, and that they'll Avada Kedevra them away. Just saying, the 3G Plans I think are Not Necessary. The 4G Plans, They can work with those, and still achieve some better success

Loyal? Yes, i am a loyal customer and a loyal community member. Twitter, facebook and other forums used to be my everyday thing, but it changed since i found about PM. I remember those old days, and it was no different then now. I used to post newbie questions and get prompt reply from Martin (RIP), Luddite, imm1304 and a few other members who quit or moved on.

Community now is much more stronger because of you loyal folks and our awesome moderators. It has become so strong that when something new comes out that we don't like, we cannot wait to take out the frustration. Some can control it but some can't. 

From the past couple of years, PM only got better. Now that something is heating up this community, my advise to you folks is that stay together and i am sure they will hear us. They know how important this community is and how impressive it has become.  

Loyalty only extends so far.  If Public has the best price and plan for me, I'll stay.  If they don't, I'll switch.  There's no such thing as 100% company/brand loyalty, nor in my opinion, should there be.  Each customer needs to pick what is best for his or her current needs.

X-Files
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Easy come , easy go.  Big family or small one; Happy with 2016 fall promo , unhappy with 2017 3G price. I can still stay coz low price, I can't ask friends to join coz what now ? Robot Embarassed

I am a happy customer as well. I know things are not same as before but I guess that's how system work they have to match or keep it similar to other carrier offers. It's their carrier and its up to them or decide about what and when to offer promo and stuff. But I still think best reception and coverage by pm.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@ute1978 wrote:

As long as I keep my $120/90 day plan and get Autopay Rewards + Loyalty Rewards + Referral Rewards I am still a happy customer with the best price and network in Canada.

^^ This. (In my case it's $81/90days with Canada wide minute and data add-ons that carry over)

But I also aknowledge and share the concerns a lot of community members have regarding the shift in direction that manifests itself in the new pricing. The new regular data prices make it really hard to convince people to join the PM family.

Oh, and re: your main question: some of us have a life outside this community... 😉 It's time to take advantage of that awesome network and take our phones with us when we play outside! Cat Tongue

imm1304

Some more thoughts:  

Its important to recognize that We (me first) are just interested in a great deal and think that our happiness with PM will be suffficient to make PM a resounding success.  Sadly, our interests don't align well with PM's interests in terms of pricing as clearly indicated by the recent changes.   

PM may listen to us with full attention and acknowledge our feedback with respect but ultimately they will do what they think is best for their company.  And we are free to do whats best for our wallets and peace of mind. Market pressures and profitability will clash forever and we can expect waves of promos followed by periods of high regular prices.  

Watoko

To add onto what @ShawnC13 and @will13am have said, loyalty based on sticking to the status quo with whatever the company is doing like a flock of sheep is just silly. By voicing our concerns, we are showing that we care about this company, and we want it to succeed, as well as helping others in getting the best value.

It is critical that we speak up given that wireless competition in Canada is already quite abysmal.

crazycolby

Hi for now

Harvir_K

Hi

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ute1978, I am loyal to PM and said as long as they are saving me money I will be with them.  I have also stated that we shouldn't just be happy that we have our plan, we are a community and should also be worried about the future community members.  I have been vocal about the the changes at PM because this new direction doesn't seem to be inline with what I had originally signed up with.  I agree that it wasn't that long ago that I joined but when I did it seemed as though PM was going after the Big 3 and thier top tier branding and now it looks like we are competing against the bottom tier.  The Less4Less isn't as true as it once was new plans seem to be Less4Same at best. 

I still hope that this is just a small shift in the big game and it comes back around to what I had joined up for.  If they are going to raise prices as much as they have the customer service will look like it is truly lacking for the cost.  Our Mods are great and I have no issue working with them to resolve any issue but others who aren't familiar with it will look and say I can get more (I didn't say better) options for customer service with this provider.

I could not say it any better!  I am not so selfish and closed minded to think that well I have the 2016 fall promo and so who cares what other customers have to suffer with.  I would like to see others have access to this wonderful pricing from time to time.  It is the direction the company seems to be headed recently that is the cause for all the uproar and rightly so.  Let's be honest, most of us are loyal to our cheap promo pricing.  The minute that changes, we will be like mice fleeing a sinking ship.  My definition of loyalty is staying with this company through thick and thin.  The loyal ones are those that would still be Public Mobile customers if say the 2016 fall promo were to be converted into an in market 3G plan.  I am suggesting that this could/would happen through a change in ToS but if it did, who is in and who is out.  Anyway, my moral fibers prevent me from being loyal to any company ahead of my wallet.

As for foul language, I haven't really seen it.  Perhaps opinions expressed are not agreeable to everyone.  I totally support free speech on this forum.  Everyone should be entitled to say what is on their mind without guilt. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ute1978, I am loyal to PM and said as long as they are saving me money I will be with them.  I have also stated that we shouldn't just be happy that we have our plan, we are a community and should also be worried about the future community members.  I have been vocal about the the changes at PM because this new direction doesn't seem to be inline with what I had originally signed up with.  I agree that it wasn't that long ago that I joined but when I did it seemed as though PM was going after the Big 3 and thier top tier branding and now it looks like we are competing against the bottom tier.  The Less4Less isn't as true as it once was new plans seem to be Less4Same at best. 

I still hope that this is just a small shift in the big game and it comes back around to what I had joined up for.  If they are going to raise prices as much as they have the customer service will look like it is truly lacking for the cost.  Our Mods are great and I have no issue working with them to resolve any issue but others who aren't familiar with it will look and say I can get more (I didn't say better) options for customer service with this provider.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

imm1304

Also, no competitor even comes close to what we have got with PM.  And I will never shy away from expressing how happy I am with PM overall.  

The great discontent and negativity we see expressed recently is also, in part, due to the transparent and innovative staff of PM who have set a new standard of customer engagement via the community.  I am sure PM staff also understand this and are taking the feedback seriously but not personally.  PM customers, overall, are loyal and passionate bunch.

Honestly, its not the end of the world.  PM is doing what they see as the best way forward right now.  As much as we are rooting for PM, we are not the ones in charge and most of us lack the business expertise to understand the numbers they must be crunching to arrive at the decisions they make.  Having said that, no one is perfect and PM may have miscalculated on this move.  However, its also unfair to set the lava hot Fall 2016 promo plan as the benchmark of what the regular price should be.  Correction was bound to happen sooner or later.  Besides, who says we won't have more promos in future with some great value on the offer in future!  Lets just sit back and watch what happens instead of getting too worried.  

mimmo

They are probably not checking the forums as often any more since there are not as many new posts asking for help (so either portal is fixed or less customers joining).  

I like you am happy with my plan (plan + rewards) and will stay with PM until i feel it does not serve my needs (I need more data or it is not  in my best interest financially).

imm1304

Hi @ute1978!

I am happy to be the first one to post that PM is still the right family. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.