cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where I can get/buy simcard in Vancouver,BC?

wilson2566
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I'm asking where to buy the sim card in Vancouver because I don't want to pay for shipping.

7 REPLIES 7

Tram_88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Boba9...did you get yours?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @kevindo27 and @nhanken

To receive the refund, you will need to email your Shopify order number (or numbers) and Public Mobile phone number to rebate@publicmobile.ca requesting to be refunded.

It will take about 5-7 working days to receive the refund.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

kevindo27

Hey Boba9, 

Do you know how long it takes for the $10 sim card to be reimbursed? I've been waiting for a while now, and don't see the deductions. 

Thanks, 

Kevin

Boba9
Nhanken...im sure the $10 sim card will be deducts off on your next bill! 😀

nhanken
The Canada Post strike is not happening so why is it taking so long to switch back to it? I want to order some SIM cards for my friends and family under my name but would I be able to get the refund back if they activate an account under their names??

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @wilson2566

To add on to what @NDesai explained, Public Mobile no longer has any stores or kiosks so the only way to get a sim from them is order online and have it mailed/shipped.

If you are still uncomfortable with the nominal $10 shipping even though it will be rebated when requested after activation, you could wait until the threat of a postal strike is over, after which PM will hopefully switch back to free mailing.

The other alternative is the some community members order spare sims and often willing to give them away, maybe someone in the Vancouver area will contact you and offer one.

Good luck, and welcome to Public Mobile!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You are not really paying for the shipping. Due to Canada Post potentially going on strike, they came up with alternate method to ship the sim card. 

Basically, they will hold your payment until you activate your sim. Once you activate, you can email them to get refund. 

All info are posted here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Canada-Post-Strike/m-p/57464

Need Help? Let's chat.