cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will your date stop working? (reached 95% and won't work for the last 3 days)

richardjoaquin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I have a 12gb per 90day plan Province wide plan on that special they had a while ago.

I received a text that i was at 95% usage a couple days ago. My plan renews in August 3rd so I made sure to limit my data usage. A day goes by and my date stops working. No LTE symbol on my phone, no connection. I checked APN settings, everythings good.

I go on my selfserve account and it reads Data limit 12288MB Data Used 11708.910.

I check again today as I thought theres a lag between the update and still the same.

Can someone help?

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@richardjoaquin unless you explicitly and intentionally changed plans to one of the "3G" data plans, no nothing has changed on your plan.  You mentioned you just changed phones--have you considered the possibiltiy that the phone you changed TO may not be compatible with Public Mobile's LTE bands?  (Or at least, the ones in use wherever you are physically located at the moment.)  What brand and model number (be as explicit as possible) did you change TO?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@richardjoaquin old plans did not change (you would see the fireworks as hundreds of angry posters came online if it did happen)

richardjoaquin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just switched phones and it works, but on 3G HDSPA. I don't know how to force this phone in LTE so I know I have data.

My concern now is my data only working on 3G? As previously mentions, I signed up a couple months ago on the $40/month 12gb per 3 months plan and I've always used LTE. It stops working and now when I switched phones, data works on 3G.

Did this plan just change to a 3G only?

Richard

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@richardjoaquin the self serve always drops days from history (been doing it last 2 bill cycles for me)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@richardjoaquin, so if you login to self serve you are still seeing data showing in your addon section?  The data usage amounts are not "Live  Data" it gets updated daily.  Could it have been updated and now you have used up all of your data?  If you have used up all your data you have 3 options.

1. Purchase a data addon
  2. Get by w ith only wifi until renewal
  3. Ask a mod for early renewal of your plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
More likely you used all your data sometime theirs a glitch on self serve and its not 100 percent accurate. But if you think you still have some data left then try rebooting device and if that's doesn't help then contact mod dept
Contact mod
Send your email address
Phone number
Explanation of issues
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.