cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the us romaing addon will be started?

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I purchased the us romaing addon yesterday. So i am wondering when the addon will be started? From when I purchased or first usage?

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy it starts working regardless--the glitch issue comes up after the 10 days when the add-on expires, it seems.

@Tup also used US roaming for a Vegas trip recently, but both my travel companion (another PM customer) and I got hit by the bug.  Fortunately, our friendly moderators are very quick to resolve the issue when it comes up, but it sure is frustrating!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

It works well if your account didnt go into the glitch mode. 🙂  It will start working immediately.

Also like other poster said, we are waiting for more roaming option.  

@Tup Have a look at giffgaff.com. If you're interested and live near Mississauga private message me; I have a SIM. You could set up the account before you leave.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Tup
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The roaming package worked well for us when we were in Vegas.  Wish they had one for Europe as that is our next trip.  Going to pick up a UK Three sim card to use while there.

srlawren

@zmh1175 as @imm1304 and @Mary_M suggested, manually choosing AT&T (or T-Mobile, depending where you are) seems to be necessary for some people when using the US Roaming add-ons.  For some, staying on automatic is suffient, but not everyone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @zmh1175,

I can confirm that the talk roaming add-on is active on your account, have you enabled your roaming feature?

You can also try out the suggestions mentioned above; let us know how it goes!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

imm1304

@zmh1175, if you are in the US and the add-on is not working for some reason, do let us know as the mods can fix such issues quickly.

Also, make sure that you have data roaming enabled in your phone's settings.

Sometimes phones don't connect automatically to a US network the first time.  If that happens to you,  do a manual search for the network and tap to connect to AT&T.  

itimjob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it starts as soon ass you added it so I would add it on the day i need it. FYI you can call 611 to add it on as well.

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It starts the day that you purchased the addon

Need Help? Let's chat.