cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When/how do I get refund after switching to Koodo

siul8er
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Mods, so I made the switch to koodo per suggested action by Dave's text before receiving the 2nd text right after I was charged by PM $120 for the next 3-month service (I was on $120 90-day 120GB plan). Could you tell me how/when I will get my $120 back since I had barely been on this round of the service period. I can't log in my PM account anymore. Thank you very much.

8 REPLIES 8

siul8er

Thanks for the response. I will escalate as PM told me to go away and they will keep the credit as if I initiated the transfer myself. 

@siul8er

If you don't get a satisfactory response from PM, try a complaint with CCTS:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

CCTS will first ask Telus to resolve this with you directly. If you're still not happy, CCTS will start investigating and it costs Telus money for CCTS to investigate each claim. They usually try to avoid this.

siul8er

that sucks. I thought $100 rebate was for the trouble caused by PM asking people to switch. Nowhere it's said if I switched now I would lost all my credit. After all, I didn't come up with the idea to switch but was asked by PM to do so. It's like I go to a shop to put a deposit toward a piece of furnite and shop turns around to tell me to go away and still keep my deposit. I don't believe PM's would do that. But if it's what they plan to do, I will file complain to anybody/any organization, government agencies that would listen to me. I think this is unfair.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You don't get any credit back... Hence them givng you $100 rebate. You'll have to calculate if it's worth it for you.

That's why a lot of people were mad... Process our $120 for next 3 months and purposly then give an offer for us to switch literally days after a large group renewed.

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ludditewrote:

Very unlikely as the $100 Koodo credit is intended to cover lost service. But click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation.

Good luck.

If so, the credit should have  been $120+tax! To cover ALL 90-days customers!

Shame on PM for  such penny-picking!

methyl

@siul8erwrote:

Hi Mods, so I made the switch to koodo per suggested action by Dave's text before receiving the 2nd text right after I was charged by PM $120 for the next 3-month service (I was on $120 90-day 120GB plan). Could you tell me how/when I will get my $120 back since I had barely been on this round of the service period. I can't log in my PM account anymore. Thank you very much.

Doubt you can get it back. Prepaid plans are not prorated when you port out. It was your decision to port out now rather than on March 15, at which point $100 would've offset 90% of cost of 2months on koodo plus sim

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@siul8er bedt to send a private message to mods. Officially the $100 credit was supposed to offset your unused portion of the prepaid plan.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Very unlikely as the $100 Koodo credit is intended to cover lost service. But click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.