cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Public Mobile refuses to help?

kyle_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering what people here do when PM refuses to investigate an issue with data and will not reply to messages? 

I've been trying to deal with this issue for a month and a half. PM has lied to me multiple times ("we will investigate and it will take 3-5 days" yet nothing gets investigated, stuff like that) and now will not reply to my messages. 

I have filed a complaint with CCTS that I am hoping will result in some sort of effective resolution but I'm not terribly optimistic. 

Any thoughts from anyone? 

24 REPLIES 24

kyle_h

The problem was not my initial post, the problem was that some of you failed to take the time to read and understand the initial post. If you look back at it you will see that I asked what people do when PM refuses to help with the issue. Sometimes being the eager beaver is neither helpful nor appreciated. Perhaps you ought to take the time to let others decide what sort of help they wish to receive instead of trying to decide for them. You could start by asking instead of assuming. Then you would not need to know my level of technical proficiency.

I will concede that I should have been more specific, and instead of asking people for their thoughts I should have asked for their thoughts on the specific issue, not their thoughts on whatever they felt like sharing once they read my post. 

I don't think the (super-secret) PM problem solver badge exists. Sorry to disappoint.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kyle_h wrote:

I apologize, I really didn't think it would be this entertaining. I suppose I'm to blame, I sort of figured if I posted here people would be willing to help with the issue I posted about (which some really have been, thanks again) instead of making up issues to solve so they can get a PM problem solver badge for posting lots of useless crap and then being hurt when someone calls them on their stupidity. 

Thank you Mandy, I will create a post another day about which service provider would be a suitable alternative (once again, please don't post here with suggestions about that, though I know some have really poor reading comprehension and will post something useless anyway).

I think the problem here stems from your initial post. Yes, you spoke about your customer service issues being your main focus, but you also alluded to a data issue. Us being the eager beavers that we are, didn't want to leave either of your issues hanging and tried to help you with both. This was of course before we knew you were a technical genius who had been able to solve any and all other problems that had been thrown your way during your 26 months as a Public Mobile customer. Had you either left out any mention of your data issue or simply told us right away about your genius-level technical skills, then we wouldn't have had cause to try and help you with both issues.

By the way, where can I get my hands on that (super-secret) PM problem solver badge? I'd really love to hang one of those bad boys in my profile before the day is through.

kyle_h

I apologize, I really didn't think it would be this entertaining. I suppose I'm to blame, I sort of figured if I posted here people would be willing to help with the issue I posted about (which some really have been, thanks again) instead of making up issues to solve so they can get a PM problem solver badge for posting lots of useless crap and then being hurt when someone calls them on their stupidity. 

Thank you Mandy, I will create a post another day about which service provider would be a suitable alternative (once again, please don't post here with suggestions about that, though I know some have really poor reading comprehension and will post something useless anyway).

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MandyJ wrote:

@kyle_h While sadly I can't reveal the number for the super-secret hotline that would direct you to the highest tier of the complaints department, I can tell you my super-secret method for dealing with a company that is providing me with highly inadequate customer service... put your money elsewhere.

Thank you and have a nice day. 🙂 

This thread is gold...

MandyJ

@kyle_h While sadly I can't reveal the number for the super-secret hotline that would direct you to the highest tier of the complaints department, I can tell you my super-secret method for dealing with a company that is providing me with highly inadequate customer service... put your money elsewhere.

Thank you and have a nice day. 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kyle_h wrote:

How about I just take your word for it and accept you're helpful? Then I don't have to take the time to creep through your profile.

z10user4 I'm sorry your feelings have been hurt. Although I question why you're letting someone on a public message board who you've never met get to you. 

Get over it, and please stop posting here. Every time you do I get another email and I get high hopes that it's someone posting something like the secret Public Mobile customer service hotline phone number, but then I come here and it's you whining that I'm not polite. It's okay, we can all agree that I'm a jerk, but please only post useful information. If your feelings are still hurt, perhaps a bit of quiet self reflection is in order. 

I have rather thicker skin that. There. There's another meaningless email notification for you. Enjoy.

kyle_h

How about I just take your word for it and accept you're helpful? Then I don't have to take the time to creep through your profile.

z10user4 I'm sorry your feelings have been hurt. Although I question why you're letting someone on a public message board who you've never met get to you. 

Get over it, and please stop posting here. Every time you do I get another email and I get high hopes that it's someone posting something like the secret Public Mobile customer service hotline phone number, but then I come here and it's you whining that I'm not polite. It's okay, we can all agree that I'm a jerk, but please only post useful information. If your feelings are still hurt, perhaps a bit of quiet self reflection is in order. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

Well, at least you're being polite about telling us to back off--that's aprpeciated.  If you think I'm posting just to pad my count, I invite you to look back through my posting history and you can see that I've been pretty genuinely helpful for the past 3.5 years.  At this point, yes all you can do is wait for either PM or the CCTS to respond.  I wish you the best of luck.  Please keep us posted.

Call that polite?! There was another customer not long ago who posted and then proceeded to tell everybody not to post...rudely...like this guy flinging insults all over the place in that last post.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well, at least you're being polite about telling us to back off--that's aprpeciated.  If you think I'm posting just to pad my count, I invite you to look back through my posting history and you can see that I've been pretty genuinely helpful for the past 3.5 years.  At this point, yes all you can do is wait for either PM or the CCTS to respond.  I wish you the best of luck.  Please keep us posted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kyle_h

I appreciate the offer, but in the 26 months since I've joined I have managed to solve every problem (and there have been many) all by myself with the exception of this one. I know what the problem is with the data, I know how it needs to be resolved. Only Public Mobile can resolve the issue, the problem is with Public Mobile's customer service (or lack thereof). If Public Mobile chooses to ignore the problem and refuses to correct it then there is nothing any of you can do to help, unless you have some way to make changes in Public Mobile's IT systems (I'm very skeptical here).  

I don't have a lot of use for online communities because many of the people seem to be part of them to fulfill some personal need that I just don't understand, but I have come here to request help in a way I think some of you might be able to help with. 

If you sincerely wish to help, great. I sincerely appreciate it. If you feel the need to troll to get your post count up, once again, please do not post here (yes, this is what some of you are doing). If reading comprehension is a struggle for you, perhaps this is also not the thread for you, I just don't have a lot of patience to explain what I am looking for in great detail. Some posters have understood what I am seeking and have replied graciously, others have been useless and have suggested what I need help with is not what I need help with. 
Someone was right when they said that you cannot help me if I do not want your help. I really do not want your help with the data issue, so stop trying to help with that. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN wrote:

@MandyJ  you can't help those who don't want to help themselves or at the very least refuse your assistance

@RossN yes, though this is a shame.  It would appear that @kyle_h has only posted in this thread since joining the community over 26 months ago (as you can see in his public community profile).  Kyle, are you sure this isn't something the community could help with?  A lot of things are actually device issues, and the community is quite good at helping with those.  Of course, if it truely is account-related there's nothing we can do, but there is a lot of troubleshooting we could help you with to help determine if that's really the case or not.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MandyJ  you can't help those who don't want to help themselves or at the very least refuse your assistance

MandyJ

@kyle_h wrote:

I don't need your help with the data issue. I need help understanding how to resolve a customer service issue. If you cannot help with that, please do not post.

But have you tried getting help for your data issue here in the community yet? We understand that the incredible wait times you've faced is what you want help with, but while you are waiting, you could possibly get whatever data issue you are facing solved here in the community.

While it's impossible to know your issue without you offering up some details, remember that the community members are very knowledgeble in the topic and can offer up potential solutions that might indeed solve your issue. They've solved many, many problems, often before the moderators are even able to respond.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Though it may be out of our hands, we'd certainly be willing to help if you provide us more info on the data issue.

oneworld

I'm pretty sure the issue you are having will be resolved. Generally speaking i believe PM has a very good track record on these sorts of things. Good Luck.

Hi

I've read here in the community that it's ok to message back asking about the status update 48 hours later if there was no response to your communication or after the estimated wait time (like 5 days if they told you 3-5 days wait)

Hope you hear from them soon, but I would ask for the status of the ticket either way.

kyle_h

Okay, good to know. I guess I just wait out the CCTS process then. Thanks for your help!

@kyle_h wrote:

How slow are we talking? That might be the issue. Although I cannot understand why it might take weeks to respond. 

Slow as in days, not weeks.

kyle_h

I don't need your help with the data issue. I need help understanding how to resolve a customer service issue. If you cannot help with that, please do not post.

kyle_h

How slow are we talking? That might be the issue. Although I cannot understand why it might take weeks to respond. 

@kyle_hYou still haven't eleborate what is the data issue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

CCTS is the resolution mechanism if a two party solution is not possible.  I have seen complaints about slow response, but no substantiated case of refusal to respond.

kyle_h

Okay.

I've been trying to deal with this issue (a problem with data) for a month and a half. PM has lied to me multiple times ("we will investigate and it will take 3-5 days" yet nothing gets investigated, stuff like that) and now will not reply to my messages. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@kyle_hSince we don't know the details of your issue.. care to elaborate?

Need Help? Let's chat.