cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I get asked if I'm worried about PM not having kiosks...

ChopstickHero
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Photo 2017-05-21, 1 13 26 PM.jpg

... I show them this picture I took and say "NOPE!". This was at Bayview Village on a Sunday afternoon with a line up out the door and some ppl looking obviously frustrated.

Online self-serve isn't for everyone, but it's a great move to pass the cost savings to us. I'll take that any day over poor service and long lines.

14 REPLIES 14

paulie

I always try to shop locally.  But I would never wait in a line up like that !   

And unfortunately in the cell phone world many of the stores and kiosks are not always staffed with knowledgeable people.  Yes, I have been served very well too.  Hence my first preference to shop locally. 

If the service can be online and it's a simple process, then that is great.  

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

Live closer to work and make sure you are driving against the major flow of traffic.  That was my plan.  I totally feel pity on the folks stranded on the other side of the highway each morning. 

I do drive against major flow and I want to live closer but I cannot afford the homes on my salary alone. need the misses to finish school and work, then maybe.

I love driving against the flow but what really sucks is when there is an accedent on the opposite side of the road and EVERYONE has to stop and look... build a wall to hide ... traffic would flow better

There was a similar photo, but the line stretched down the mall corridor for ages when Fido tried to match the Fall Promo.

that was funny!  Too bad they only offered in BC and AB.

Vickel
Lines at fido are the worst!

pakmode

@ChopstickHero wrote:

Photo 2017-05-21, 1 13 26 PM.jpg

... I show them this picture I took and say "NOPE!". This was at Bayview Village on a Sunday afternoon with a line up out the door and some ppl looking obviously frustrated.

Online self-serve isn't for everyone, but it's a great move to pass the cost savings to us. I'll take that any day over poor service and long lines.

Oh wow.  That is brutal.

I don't know how people do it. Standing in line sucks.  Sucks for the employees too who often don't have the access or ability to solve the problem then and there. 

Quest

@will13am wrote:

@Acekiller wrote:

I don't think it is a fair comparision.  They are offereing online service + physical kiosk, not just physical kiosk.

The customer has to pay for the kiosk rent plus the staff that run it.  Now that $15 minimum wage is coming, expect to pay even more for the monthly cell bill if you want access to physical stores.  Personally, I have no interest in paying this overhead on an ongoing basis.

@will13am  and  @Acekiller  In a sense you both right. I was always saying and repeat that again that people have different needs likes preferences. They represent different age group and some of them less tech savvy and so on. Some are willing to pay more for extras some are not because they cannot afford it. Some folks use a lot of data some are just texting and talking and I could give many more examples here.

So lets look at Telus like a classy restaurant. You pay more for service but you like environment. Waitresses and Waiters nicely dressed. Comfortable and nice chairs and so on.

On the other hand Koodo could be like a Mandarin Buffet. It is a little bit pricey but you can choose what you want to eat.

Public Mobile on the other hand is another less known buffet. You can choose what you want to eat but there are less choices.

@Acekiller wrote:

I don't think it is a fair comparision.  They are offereing online service + physical kiosk, not just physical kiosk.

The customer has to pay for the kiosk rent plus the staff that run it.  Now that $15 minimum wage is coming, expect to pay even more for the monthly cell bill if you want access to physical stores.  Personally, I have no interest in paying this overhead on an ongoing basis.

Acekiller

ChopstickHero

@will13am wrote:

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

looks like everyone is over 40 in that picture ... (not dis'ing the old timers, you guys are way better off than these folk) ... 😛 

Online the way to go. Now if I can work from home, I'm game... it be better for the planet, no more 40min each way sitting in a gas car. 

Live closer to work and make sure you are driving against the major flow of traffic.  That was my plan.  I totally feel pity on the folks stranded on the other side of the highway each morning. 

I used to commute a long time ago ... over an hour each way on the 401. It was not fun. 

Now I'm only 12-minute bike ride to work. Can't put a price tag on the time saved.

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

looks like everyone is over 40 in that picture ... (not dis'ing the old timers, you guys are way better off than these folk) ... 😛 

Online the way to go. Now if I can work from home, I'm game... it be better for the planet, no more 40min each way sitting in a gas car. 

man i have to commute an hour each way, and this is by busSmiley Sad Thank god for survey websites where I can earn some additonal money while im on these commutes

Chaos_Scorpio

ChopstickHero
@will13am wrote:

What were they giving away?  Did I miss something by not being in that lineup?

They were giving away some poor customer service... nothing to miss. Smiley Very Happy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

What were they giving away?  Did I miss something by not being in that lineup?  In this era of online shopping, asking for physical stores is definitely a step in the backwards direction.

Need Help? Let's chat.