cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the current moderator team response time?

deweydb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering if anyone who recently received a response from the moderator team could tell me how long after their initial enquiry it was?  Am i looking at 2 days? 1 week? 2 weeks?  

Please recent events only, I don't care about what their response rate was back in January.

30 REPLIES 30

viveksingh905

make sure when you send a message to mod team include your e-mail, date of birth and pin everytime. 

Dstasko
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’m going back on 3 days now from sending the additional info they asked for and 6 days from my original message. One communication in that time.  

viveksingh905

i contacted them few times in the past and got response within 24 hours. 

Dstasko
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah I’m having an issue that only the MOD team has to fix as well. Today is day 5, with 1 reply for some additional info on my problem 2 days ago... seeing how today is New Year’s Day I’m certain to be waiting at least another day. Its truly is frustrating... I’m not even sure if the mods can credit your account for the days lost. Having no service over the holidays has been truly miserable. 

petaling

porting from koodo prepaid , now > 72 hours.

Cant be helped by anybody other than the Moderator Team

You should really start your own thread to get more eyes on your post. What is the problem you're having other than wait times ? The PM Community is rich in info and perhaps can resolve your concern well before the moderator can get to look at it.  Not saying the PM Community can fix everything, but give us a try whilst your waiting. Happy New Year.

petaling

More than 72 hours,no response

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@deweydb

Not mad bro.....comments get replies.......

deweydb

@Carld123 wrote:

@deweydb

I really dont care if your phone works or doesnt work..you were given suggestions ....sorry about your luck dewey..lol

Why are you responding in this thread then? why are you so mad bro? 

Carld123

@deweydb

I really dont care if your phone works or doesnt work..you were given suggestions ....sorry about your luck dewey..lol

deweydb

@Carld123 wrote:

@deweydb

This isnt a place to vent your frustrations...send a message to the modertors wait in line if you dont get answers here..sucks..but thats how it is..

Why don't you report me to the mods then? maybe i'll actually get my ticket looked at, and my phone working again.

Carld123

@deweydb

This isnt a place to vent your frustrations...send a message to the modertors wait in line if you dont get answers here..sucks..but thats how it is..

deweydb

@redgoose wrote:

It was submitted Dec 4 at 6pm 

WAIT WHAT?! @CS_Agent why are tickets being answered out of order?  I've submitted mine way before this time, with no response yet.  This is total BS.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

A lot of effort has gone into making the knowledge base articles more informative.  Unfortunately, the moderator interaction knowledge base remains one of the weaker ones.  The descriptions suggests that customers should wait for the moderator team to ask for authentication information rather than supplying it up front to pre-empt the back and forth messaging.  Public Mobile was supposed to produce some videos to complement the knowledge base articles.  They even asked what video should be the prototype.  This intiative seems to have fallen off the radar.  Not the first time we have seen this happen. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Agree. That approach will work for the period with the moderator wait time was only a few hours.  With the 48 hours wait time, that approach will not work. 

Subscribers need to be smarter to reduce the overall time to fix a problem.  This is a win-win too. Subscribers will get their phone working sooner and moderator wait time will be shorter.

Carld123

@redgoose

Lookup response times...........

redgoose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It was submitted Dec 4 at 6pm 

Carld123

Support support support...lots of oricles wizards whatevever reply ..this is public mobile.....if it works it works...if it doesnt help is possibly here....sign up..and figure it out.............

deweydb

@redgoose wrote:

Just to update anyone following along, i recieved a reply to my issues from the mods 5 minutes ago saying they have fixed the port issue on their end but that it can take upto 2 business days for it to fully go through ( i am coming from Fongo). I then emailed back a thank you and received a reply to that within seconds. I hope others can get their issues resolved (or at least a PM back) as quickly. 

When was your original ticket submitted?  I'm still waiting now over 2 days since submitting original ticket with no response.

Carld123

Lots of bravos deserved...but the poster frowns on that if its not to their standards.....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

A lot of effort has gone into making the knowledge base articles more informative.  Unfortunately, the moderator interaction knowledge base remains one of the weaker ones.  The descriptions suggests that customers should wait for the moderator team to ask for authentication information rather than supplying it up front to pre-empt the back and forth messaging.  Public Mobile was supposed to produce some videos to complement the knowledge base articles.  They even asked what video should be the prototype.  This intiative seems to have fallen off the radar.  Not the first time we have seen this happen. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

redgoose

Just to update anyone following along, i recieved a reply to my issues from the mods 5 minutes ago saying they have fixed the port issue on their end but that it can take upto 2 business days for it to fully go through ( i am coming from Fongo). I then emailed back a thank you and received a reply to that within seconds. I hope others can get their issues resolved (or at least a PM back) as quickly. 

redgoose

@deweydb

IA with you that a streamlined support ticket option would seem like it would help everyone out, as the mods could have the required information and the end user would also provide as much detail as needed. I had assumed that my phone number, name, email was enough but i can understand asking for additional security details. Linking accounts to phone number or at least email would help and cut down on the back and forth. 

popping

@deweydb wrote:

- Your phone number

- Your account number

- Your email address

- Complete mailing address,
- Alternate phone number if supplied at activation time.
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Mostly this seems to me like a major shotcoming of just how poorly all of this is setup.  If they had linking between the accounts on (productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca and selfserve.publicmobile.ca) they wouldn't need the support tickets to require this information.  Furthermore it would vastly cut down on the total amount of support time wasted on replying just asking for more information.

But despite this, if they had a simple form that you fill out when submitting a support ticket that had all these questions in it, people would fill it out.  The big mistake here is that you have to just find out somewhere in the forums that you must message "the moderator team" and ask for help.  I can fully understand why people might not think to provide some of these details.

Now to add insult to injury, they further have a bigger problem.  If you message them twice, you get bumped to the bottom of the queue.  So imagine you message them, but then after reading more on the forums you realize that your first message was missing some key information, so you send them another message with that.  Well whoops! you get punished for that! back to the bottom of the queue.  darn!

A simple ability to EDIT your already submitted support ticket would remedy this situation.

Overall I understand that PM is a reduce service for reduce price company, but they have some VERY SIGNIFICANT issues with how they are going about that.  And these issues are not making their job any easier, infact they are making it harder on themselves.  Who ever is in charge at PM is a complete imbecile!

Agree. A support form will be nice.  But, being a no frill service, PM is using a standard forum software package to perform the support with out paying IT to develop the support form.  Until PM update their support system, if we need help, we need to know how to communicate with moderator efficiently.  A subscriber with problem the first time does not know what is needed.  It is a hard lesson to learn after waiting for a week to fix the problem.

@deweydb wrote:

- Your phone number

- Your account number

- Your email address

- Date of birth,

Mostly this seems to me like a major shotcoming of just how poorly all of this is setup.  If they had linking between the accounts on (productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca and selfserve.publicmobile.ca) they wouldn't need the support tickets to require this information.  Furthermore it would vastly cut down on the total amount of support time wasted on replying just asking for more information.

But despite this, if they had a simple form that you fill out when submitting a support ticket that had all these questions in it, people would fill it out.  The big mistake here is that you have to just find out somewhere in the forums that you must message "the moderator team" and ask for help.  I can fully understand why people might not think to provide some of these details.

Now to add insult to injury, they further have a bigger problem.  If you message them twice, you get bumped to the bottom of the queue.  So imagine you message them, but then after reading more on the forums you realize that your first message was missing some key information, so you send them another message with that.  Well whoops! you get punished for that! back to the bottom of the queue.  darn!

A simple ability to EDIT your already submitted support ticket would remedy this situation.

Overall I understand that PM is a reduce service for reduce price company, but they have some VERY SIGNIFICANT issues with how they are going about that.  And these issues are not making their job any easier, infact they are making it harder on themselves.  Who ever is in charge at PM is a complete imbecile!

@deweydb, you bring up some very good points.  Using a form system to enter a private message for assistance would enforce a certain level of rigor in how much detail is needed for the moderators to do their job.  While it is somewhat intuitive that two separate sign ups means the self serve account and the community account are not linked, it is not fully understood by all.  The private messaging system can be easily misunderstood as similar to live chat which people are far more familiar with.   The customer base has voice a lot of feedback to strengthen the service over the years.  There has been improvement but there remains a long way to go.  The one area that has seen major regression is the response time.  It used to be a few hours and now it is a few days.  The management seem somewhat content with this as the protracted response time has become somewhat of a norm for some time now.  Anyway, complaints in the community forum fall on deaf ears. 

deweydb

- Your phone number

- Your account number

- Your email address

- Date of birth,

popping

@redgoose wrote:

I sent a PM yesterday about an incompleteport and received a reply today asking to verify account details. So i assume about 24-48 hours. I can update when my actual issue is resolved though.

It is important to give all information to moderator in the first private message so that moderator can verify that you are the owner of your account.

- Your phone number

- Your account number

- Your email address

- Date of birth,

The moderator may not need all these information in order to identify you are the owner of your account.  It will be extra 48 hours wait if moderator needs another piece of information from you.

redgoose

I sent a PM yesterday about an incompleteport and received a reply today asking to verify account details. So i assume about 24-48 hours. I can update when my actual issue is resolved though.

popping

@deweydb

Moderator wait time is about 48 - 72 hours.

@mlorne

The trick to get help quickly is to supply all the information in the first private message to moderator to cut the number of back/forth messages.  This is NOT online chat which will get a quick answer within couple minutes.  PM is no-frill mobile service with inexpensive plan.  Sorry for you to find out the hard way.

mlorne

I am trying to set up a new account and had a problem with an invalid SIM number after some generic error the first attempt.  Been trying to get a resolution since Sunday evening.  Seems like it is AT LEAST 24-48 hours between messages.

For instance:

ME:  I have a problem (Sunday)

MOD:  Sure, would love to help.  Try this... (Monday PM)

ME:  That's not the problem...(Monday PM)

MOD:  Ok, I need your PIN... (Tuesday PM)

ME:  Here's my PIN (Tuesday PM)

ME:  Hello?  (Wednesday PM)

This is not technical support/customer service/account management.  This is a joke.

mimmo

I believe someone mentioned 2 days the other day someone else said they sent 4 messages since Sunday without a reply.  Hopefully though you will get some actual feedback 

Need Help? Let's chat.