cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to the prepaid $ if I switch to Koodo

TaikoBoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, it seems like the Koodo offer is still available to PM. I'm currently on the 120 days for $120.00 with 12GB data. I'm thinking about switching to Koodo as their plan offers Canada Wide minutes. I recently prepaid my $120.00 on February 9th, if I switch to Koodo what happens to the prepaid money in my account? Will I get back any money for time that is not used? Thank you in advance.

37 REPLIES 37

@Acekillerwrote:

Someone reported that he got additional fund from Koodo for the positive balance, but YMMV

A positive account balance is different than not burning through a paid renewal. 

everbird
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The offer, i believe, is valid until March 15th. However, it seems that $45 4GB data offers seem to be the norm as i see Rogers/Fido plans quite often (be it directly available now( until Feb 20th with Rogers) or migration form prepaid Chatr/Fido/Rogers after 30 days stay). Zoomer (cityfone) is also available $45 4GB after 6 months stay (with free phones). YMMV.

Of course, some gains on switching (Canada wide) and new phone deals with some billing credits, no 90 day contract with prepaid (due to non refundable issues).  Downside.. Flexibility to use data over 90days.

I too intend to switch to Koodo as it's best offer now combined with Referral credits plus  free incoming texts outside of North America. Look like more data promotions are on the way. 

TaikoBoy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll hold out right until March 20th to get the most of my PM funds.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Someone reported that he got additional fund from Koodo for the positive balance, but YMMV

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@TaikoBoywrote:

Hi, it seems like the Koodo offer is still available to PM. I'm currently on the 120 days for $120.00 with 12GB data. I'm thinking about switching to Koodo as their plan offers Canada Wide minutes. I recently prepaid my $120.00 on February 9th, if I switch to Koodo what happens to the prepaid money in my account? Will I get back any money for time that is not used? Thank you in advance.

Any unused portions of your current plan and any available funds will be lost as confirmed by mods in threads last week. The $100 credit with Koodo is supposed to soften the blow to your wallet.

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As of right now, things are up in the air. There's a lot of chaos going on, with others in your exact situation. From what i've read, you would lose the money from PM, which is why they are giving a $100 koodo credit, to cover that loss. People have been trying to contact Dave/PM in order to get this resolved, but I don't think anyone has really gotten through yet.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It goes right into Dave's slush fund.

Need Help? Let's chat.