cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I don't switch?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I left Koodo back in Fall of 2016 because they wouldn't match the Public Mobile offer of $120/90day 12gb deal...Now I keep getting the text to switch to Koodo by the 31st of March or loose the offer!

WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON'T SWITCH???

I feel I'm being presured into something i don't want...I pay less than $40 a month on both my PM accounts because of auto pay and referals. I don't need the 6gb nor want the price increase but am affraid if I stay I will be forced with the original threat of my bill going up $10 per month!!

WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON'T SWITCH???

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker I don't know, I think you're making too big of a deal out of it.  They offered up an option to you (and many other people), then reminded you about it since it was set to expire on the 15th, then let you know it was extended but they didn't know until when, and now they're telling you you have till the 31st.  I don't see the big deal or excessive pressure here.  It's a few text messages.  They cost you nothing more than a couple of mins of your life to read them.  Just ignore the darn things and carry on with your life, I'd say.  By all means, stay and continue to enjoy your PM service if it is meeting your needs adequately and within budget.  Easy peasy.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

They dont have AI to choose when to send promotion that you "think" its good for you.  It is not there yet.    

So only way to not receive it is unsubscribe from their text message promotion.

@srlawren, that's exactly why I didn't unsubscribe until today... I want to see a promotion that works for me... and these more expensive "for me" promos are useless.

I"m not being over sensitive, I'm sinply saying, if you can't offer me a better package, then stop asking to move to what I don't want.

I've sent this to the Moderator Team, and the response was basically, well, we don't know how to help with this.

My instruction was to stop sending the same offer over and over.

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, first off, I highly doubt Public Mobile will fold. All the big telecos have flanker brands. The major difference between Public and the others is that  Public offers LTE. I think the others are primarily pushing 3G. I'd sooner put my money on Public Mobile dropping LTE than I would on them closing their doors.

As for people feeling harassed by messages from Koodo, you can unsubscribe from Public Mobile offers and deals. Then you shouldn't get any of these annoying texts. You just reply unsubscribe and that should do it. 

srlawren

@stonechucker I think you're being over-sensitive.  It's not harrassment, it's offering up choice.  If you don't like it and don't want to move then just keep ignoring it.  It's not like they're telling you you must go, they're just offering up something that might (or might not) interest you. 

I guess there really is no pleasing everybody all the time.  More often than not, people show up here and complain when they missed out on a deal because they didn't know about it.  Now people are complaining that they're being reminded of it too much. 

I'm not sure what to tell you here.  You could always unsubscirbe using the instructions in the text and they will stop "harrassing" [your word] you.  But then you may also miss out on something that might actually interest you.  Similar issue with email marketing lists and such.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I feel the same way as you @206.  It's harassment.

I've declined the offers, the first one that was sent was BECAUSE they were originally going to raise the price to $150/90 days.  So yes, the $40/mo at Koodo, would have been a similar price per month, compared to my reward level.  But, as that original price increase was made null and void, and I had already decided I wouldn't switch, I stayed here, although the offer to switch wasn't recinded.

Now with the txt message 2 or so weeks ago for the 6GB offer, with Canada-wide voice, the texting ...etct...  It was overkill for my needs (I don't call outside my province, nor use my data).

And finally, the last day is March 31st to do this...  No!  Stop telling me to switch Public Mobile.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nothing unless they fold.

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, there is no way to know for sure. My thoughts are that the first thing to go would be rewards, but that's just my 2 cents.

On the other hand, there is no way to know what will happen once people who switched to Koodo will reach the end of their contracts. Their rates might go up as well.

I just wish Public Mobile would be more transparent around this whole thing. If they explained why they wanted us to move to Koodo, we could all make informed decisions about whether to stay or leave. By keeping us in the dark about what is actually going on, we lack the info needed to make proper choices.

This is what bothers me most about what has happened at Public Mobile over the last   few months.

srlawren

@206 for the immediate future, nothing happens.  You will continue to be grandfathered on your current plan for the timebeing.  However, as @Dave_M made clear after they cancelled the planned price increase on this plan, you may not get to keep it at this price forever.  Of course, your plan isn't guaranteed at Koodo either, so it's a gamble to some extent either way.

Need Help? Let's chat.