cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you guys think of the new Samsung A50 or A70 phones?

DannyM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, I'm thinking of picking up a Samsung A50 phone... looks really nice and some good specs and reviews from what I read but wondering if anyone else on PM is using one and what they think? Sounds like there's no waterproof rating but not really sure that's too important for me... also the camera is not as advanced as some of the S line phones but is it really that significant? Anything else I should be aware of?

6 REPLIES 6

DannyM

So I went to a local BestBuy to try one out and the phone looks great but the camera seems slow and sluggish... takes a second or so to launch and focus, and after taking a pic takes another second to process and capture the image... I know it’s only a couple seconds here and there but I think it would drive me nuts, I’m used to the iphone7 which ok photos aren’t great but at least the camera responds super quick... maybe it’s cuz it’s a demo unit? But not too crazy about it so far... 😞

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

A colleague at work has one.  He picked it up at a pretty low price on Kijiji.  It seems to be pretty snappy.  The amount of Samsung bloat appears a lot less than what I have seen in the past.  Overall I would say it's definitely worth a look.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are willing to spend $100 more, you could get a Pixel 3a which has a very good camera and get stock Android.  They also get the latest OS updates and I believe you get 3 updates 

ofs

Are you a fan of Samsung to begin with? Otherwise, I got the P30. I have tried many brands including Samsung. Huawei is definitely much better in terms of features, speed, overall operation, and camera.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've got the A50, and it's been great so far.  Don't worry about the waterproofing. The camera is good enough for most people and the A70 isn't worth the extra money.

AnthonyP

Not sure about the a50 or a70 but i recently purchased a a20 and am really impressed with the perfomance of this phone for the cost, im sure the a50 or a70 would be great as it is superior to the a20

Need Help? Let's chat.