cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week and a half and still no porting..

cyhoiii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, I have just switched over to PM on Nov19. It has been 11 days and they still have not ported my Koodo number to PM, rendering my PM plan useless. I have requested TWICE to have my number ported, and even sent them a message on Facebook, but all resulting in no replys. This is ridiculous that I have already paid 11 days of service, yet I cannot even use my plan because they did not port my number yet. 

Has anyone had this issue too? How can I get a hold of them? Right now I want to just cancel the plan and have my refund back. I don't care how cheap this plan is. If their customer service is this poor, I do not want to be a part of it and just stick with Koodo. 

Anyone have their number I can call directly?

18 REPLIES 18

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
What were you inputting before?

cyhoiii

I tried to port myself several times last week but all failed and just told me to contact PM directly. However, after reading that thread I linked to, I tried to only input in Account # and IMEI and it worked..

Rockdaddy22
You chose not to port yourself? You didn't have a failed port did you? So why should they credit you? Maybe I'm missing something.

cyhoiii

UPDATE: I have successfully ported it myself thanks to this thread here!

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Port-Successful-Self-Server-Port-from-Kood...

Summary: Go into Self Serve and use the form to change your number. Make sure you check off the checkbox before doing anything else. It is a glitch, otherwise you will not be able to submit. Fill in the fields for your old account number and your phone's IMEI (can be found in your phone system settings). 

My number got ported within a minute.

Now my questions are, when will I know they will credit me back for a week and a half's unused time? Is there an iOS Public Mobile app I can use to track my usage?

Rockdaddy22
That's in very rare cases. Most ports go smooth. I e ported many Koodo accounts myself without a problem.

cyhoiii

So does this also mean that PM will cancel my Koodo plan themselves and I wont have to do anything?

The only thing that worries me is when you said you lost your number for a whole day before PM successfully switched your number. 

Rockdaddy22
They even phoned you? That's amazing, I guess they are getting serious.

vroomr

@cyhoiii wrote:

Oh really? Well I guess that makes things a little better....good thing I can still use my old Koodo number for now..

Once your koodo number stops working (it will happen soon), then you will know you are in business. Mine stopped working for almost a whole day before my PM service started.

In the mean time, I had emails from support@publicmobile.ca, and I even got a phone call (to my PM number - message left {that had a direct extension to the guy helping me 😉 }).

But those emails went straight to deleted.

vroomr

@Rockdaddy22 is right, they will fix you up.

It is not fun that you are stuck @cyhoiii, but once you get escalated to support, you should be good to go.

Also, make sure to check your deleted email. All my emails from support@publicmobile.ca went there. (outlook/hotmail). Not junk mail - DELETED.

FYI.

Cheers

Rockdaddy22
Exactly 🙂 Just politely remind to credit you for the time you didn't have service.

cyhoiii

Oh really? Well I guess that makes things a little better....good thing I can still use my old Koodo number for now..

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @NicoleD

Sorry for the long wait, 

Port should complete in the next hour, simply restart your phone when you receive a text saying that the port has completed. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@cyhoiii Agreed, but on the plus side it has been on the forums that they will change your start date to wehn service begins for real.  So a bit of a help.

Rockdaddy22
They'll credit you when it's fixed, hardly robbery lol Poorly planned, YES

cyhoiii

Sigh....this is such poor planning on their part. I can understand having to wait a couple days for numbers to port, but having their customers pay 2 weeks for a service they can't provide is robbery. 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@NicoleD  I would recommend resending private message, but also start your own thread,2 weeks is much to long, and @Shazia_K  is online today making progress, so hopefully she can help.

NicoleD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in the exact same situation and have been waiting over two weeks.. I was informed not to cancel my Virgin Mobile plan until my PM plan was fully activated. I have sent messages through the Community, direct emails and even Facebook messages. Currently, I have paid my PM phone plan and I am still required to pay my Virgin bill until they port my number, otherwise my number will be completely disconnected. I am currently getting texts and calls to my old phone connected with Virgin, and only iMessages to my PM phone. Ridiculous.

The service through PM has been absolutely horrible, and I can't get an answer or even my money back because nobody has replied to me in two weeks for answers. As far as I know, everything is done online and there is not a number to call (a phone company without a phone number?????). If this is untrue, please share the number with myself as well.

Thanks

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately alot of people are in your boat, especially with koodo ports.  There were a bunch of steps to follow with koodo ports and it caused issues.

But there is no number to call, just private message mods, email and social media.

Need Help? Let's chat.