cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re listening

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Public Mobile is in BETA, which means we’re looking to continuously improve some aspects of our Community and website. To do so, the Public Mobile Community Team ( @Mat_F , @Jeremy_M, @Mansi_G, @Moid_I and @Caroline_B) is looking to our vibrant Community members to give us their feedback – good, bad or otherwise – of glitches you may come across. Our glitches may not be as cool as this

But we still want your feedback to keep the matrix ticking Smiley Happy

125 REPLIES 125

Martin
Legend
Legend
micro-g,

If your phone has that capability, switch to safe mode; ensure that all settings are correct; turn the power off; and then boot into normal mode.

See if that helps.

Good luck!

Martin
Legend
Legend
To PM:

*611 reps should be better trained and motivated before being allowed to answer users' calls.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Martin
Legend
Legend
micro-g and others,

If you have any complaints regarding one-time or ongoing glitches, this is the thread for them.

PM needs your input concerning problems in order to determine when Beta should end, and final release begin.

micro-g
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I constantly experience issues with mms attachements not getting delivered even though all phone settings are correct and the cell phones indication that the pictures were sent! ;-s

any ideas??

Martin
Legend
Legend

Martin
Legend
Legend

Martin
Legend
Legend

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuk,

You do realize that, by saying 10% makes sense, you've given him "permission" to post more gibberish?

As you recall, this was a problem for a number of months, after which it was reduced to almost tolerable levels, speaking for myself. What encouraged him to return to his old ways is beyond me. Unlike previously, when I kept my mouth relatively shut, this time will be different. Either learn how to communicate effectively as a logically thinking adult, or remain silent. There's no place for gibberish in a forum intended for adults.

Martin
Legend
Legend

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^I agree most of what @makkhan28 writes is gibberish & 90% of the time it makes no sense to me. However 10% of the time he does make sense

Martin
Legend
Legend
Again further to the above,

What you wrote above contains 30 lines, but only 5 periods. How do you expect anyone to attempt to understand your post's logic if one phrase/statement runs into the next?

Also, you used assimilated twice in as many phrases. Is this a Star Trek convention, with the Borg intent on assimilating others?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Further to the above, you ended your above post with C'est La Vie Mobile.

Considering that PM is in Beta, how in hell does C'est La Vie Mobile help anyone or anything, other than your ego by seeing your "contribution" in print?

This thread is to help PM focus on problems, not to give them headaches by trying to decipher gibberish.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Makkahn28,

The golden rule in communicating is keep it simple and straightforward.

No one is going to spend 30 minutes trying to understand what you're trying to convey.

You said that you're in college. Why not show an instructor the above, and ask him/her for feedback. I wouldn't be surprised if you're referred to remedial English.

Use the 5 Ws: who, what, where, when and why. Keep each one straight and to the point (facts only), and your posts may become less gibberish and more understandable.

I, for one, pass on 95% of your posts because I've learned, from experience, that 95% are so convoluted that they make no sense, except to you, perhaps.

@DK, @Chuky, @Mart, Telus Physical stores Might not, but Telus Online store does, No need be assimilated into Telus, Koo Stores, if a Handset is labeled with purple sticker, yes, you can buy w/o being assimilated, not sure bout Koo Online store, PM now has link for Google to buy Goo handsets, plus, Microsoft and Wapple have their physical presence. Only Berry Black isn't added, but once They're added, then a Close to comprehensive list to buy phones is at least mainly guaranteed.

I gave PM Teamsters that when Had coffee with them, this was a serious issue, as PM is BYOD AND DIYS, Thought of as many issues as possible within the 1 hr I had with them, plus the IMEI, And the SMS Short Code Premium messaging and Wallet, 411, Using Handset outside Canada, I tried to be very thorough, leaving no Stone, Rock, a Chucky Doll, NOTHING, Unturned. Since I brought those up, at least they're attempting to get the ball rolling. But PM Can't do everything w/o us to give feedback.

Golden rule: Less Complaining, more Thinking, more solutions on Zee la'table. Otherwise, its surely gonna be, C'est La Vie

Would be interesting, C'est La Vie Mobile, What's your thought?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I think rather then different ink colors, it would be just better to have two different boxes. Similar to this

You Will Owe Public Mobile $xx.xx on April-21-2015
Current Positive Balance/Credit $xx.xx

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To add to what Martin had said just a place for people to see where they can buy a compatible phone hassle free. With regards to kijiji/cl I would be very wary unless it's an actual cellphone business which has a store front to go buy it. And another point would be to see if someone from public wanted to buy a phone outright and were already a customer why wouldn't Telus/Koodo just sell them one just outright.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Mansi,

The vast majority of posts in the Phones and Hardware board deals with users' phones currently not working.

A relative small number are from users who don't have major mainstream phones, but want to know if they are PM compatible.

What DK and I had in mind was a sub-board, discussing those non-mainstream phones and sales. In addition, there would be tips on what to look for in a used phone, and how not to be scammed.

OK, that's simple. Hopefully this will be considered, and perhaps that this would help ppl understand, Money saves, which is a +,

While Money Spent is a -, which is no good. Oh well

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

In the accounting world, green has no significance. When bookkeeping was done by hand, one's business was in either the red (debt) or black (credit). Red and black ink was actually used to indicate debt from credit.

By introducing green to a self-serve account, you are adding confusion, which no doubt will lead to questions posed here.

Why not keep it simple and straightforward?
If a person has a credit, show it as Credit = +20, in black.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Data Usage and Texts,

DK, I promised you a reply.

Whether one is grandfathered or new, or has a text plan or not, a system-generated text is issued when 75% and then 95% of data is used.

chuk, I'm still researching whether PM agrees that a text is issued when 100% is consumed.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Sometimes the only way to fix issue, is take que from something that works. Take Banks, owing would be red ink -$20 example

Positive would be Green or Black +$20

Simple enough, I think that may work, unless ppl can't understand that, then there is a problem.

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

I think having a plus sign, next to the word Credit, is a very worthwhile idea.

Hey O'l guys, had this idea I created. In self serve, if ppl have a bal credit, if color code was green, and a + sign, so +$20, would that make it easier for ppl to understand the difference? Negative would be Re color code w. - sign, so -$20

Is that easy to comprehend?

DK

Martin
Legend
Legend

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @Martin and @DK - On your comment about having a dedicated board to cell phone discussion, we do have a board named "Phones and Hardware", do you not think it serves the purpose? 

Contributions is just as important as constructive criticisms every now and then. Rewards aren't the sole factor. Its helping ppl and problem solving that matters. PM needs us to be the problem solving ppl, while the executive portions they deal w. 

DK

I think the Bravo count is more important than post count in all honesty and considering you guys are all Model Citizens who cares. Same for me with rewards. My wife is grandfathered so doesn't mean a hill of beans to my pocket.

Need Help? Let's chat.