cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to cancel public mobile account

deep1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I want to cancel my services because my device Lyf wind 2 is not compatible with Pm sim

34 REPLIES 34

Jukebox

If you have auto-repay set up remove the payment plan on account

You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.

• Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Or port your number to a new service provider.

Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider. Make sure to remove your auto-repay beforehand as you will not be able to access the account after porting out.

@JOHNRJACK1 wrote:

I KEEP TRYING WITHOUT SERVICE  HOW CAN I CANCELL

@JOHNRJACK1   If you have a CC on account then login and remove it and 90 days after the account gets suspended for lack of payment it will be closed down and number lost. 

Or port your number to another provider and your account will be closed, but make sure to remove your CC/Debit card beforehand as you will not be able to access the account after porting out.

@JOHNRJACK1 wrote:

If you have a cc on file call 611 and remove autopay. Your account will be closed in 90 days from the renewal date. You can also port your number to another carrier and it will close automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JOHNRJACK1 

What make/model/submodel phone do you have?

Is your account active?

Do you have autopay on?

What happens when you dial 611?

JOHNRJACK1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bradb81 wrote:

No i have never created a self serve account and instore i was put on autopay with a credit card which i no longer have that credit card either so that card wont work anymore and i just wanna cancel my account 

Then you can just walk away. It won't renew. It'll suspend. Then it'll deactivate.

You're done.

But there is official mention of asking the moderators to go about cancelling an account. But why bother when it'll just die on its own.

Edit: ninja'd

@Bradb81 , since the credit is no longer active, the account will automatically close in 90 days. You dont have to do anything.

@Bradb81 wrote:

No i have never created a self serve account and instore i was put on autopay with a credit card which i no longer have that credit card either so that card wont work anymore and i just wanna cancel my account 

@Bradb81 wrote:

Dial 611 from phone. Follow the prompts to remove autopay. That's all you have to do. After 90 days of inactivity your account will be closed and deleted

Bradb81

@Jb456 

I don't think this person has ever created a self serve account ...

AE_Collector

@Bradb81 wrote:

I would really like to cancel my account cause i dont need to use it and havent been using it plus ive not created an account on here but just wanna cancel my account and need help cancelling it

@Bradb81  ..log into yourself self serve account and click payments then manage credit card on bottom left. If you have one as I see others already told you about 611

Screenshot_20200124_073012.jpg

Delete your credit card from the system...that's all you have to do.

When you don't pay on next renewal the account will go to suspended. After 90 days of inactivity your account will be closed and deleted.

@Bradb81 to confirm, you activated in store and never created a self service / my account ? How did you pay to activate instore? Are you porting your phone number to another provider? 

@Bradb81 wrote:

I would really like to cancel my account cause i dont need to use it and havent been using it plus ive not created an account on here but just wanna cancel my account and need help cancelling it

@Bradb81 wrote:

@Bradb81  If you don't have a selfserve account then dial 611 from your phone and disable AutoPay and you account will automatically close.

To create a selfserve account click here to register your selfserve account.

Bradb81

@jjp2112  If you're going to jump ship to another provider, since you already removed your payment method, as @geopublic  said, your PM account has to be active when you port your number out, so make sure you do that before your PM renewal date comes up, otherwise your number will be returned to its' original provider, and it may be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to retrieve it.

@jjp2112 wrote:

I want to cancel but how?

Can i keep my number to another cell company?

I removed my payment method does this do it.

@jjp2112  Yes, you can port your number out to your new provider and your PM account will automatically close when the number is ported. Just make sure that your account remains active until you port out.

jjp2112

I want to cancel but how?

Can i keep my number to another cell company?

I removed my payment method does this do it.

Okay, that sounds as though you have it covered. In real life, case is irrelevant in email addresses. But PM is just using the addresses to tie two accounts together and it appears to me that they ARE looking at the CASE of letters. I inadvertently had one letter capitalized on one of the accounts only and that messed up receiving my $$ rewards.

AE_Collector

I initially used "email1@example.com" with the first account I setup for my wife. Then later when I setup my own account I modified the first account to be "email2@example.com" - and then signed up the 2nd account as "email1@example.com" (with the referral code from the now email2@example.com account). All went without a hitch.

"email1@example.com" is the address associated with my communityforums account. I am particular about always using lowercase in e-mail addresses, so a case mismatch would not have been issue for me.

@Nezgar wrote:

I changed the e-mail address on my account instantly. I dont even think it asked for verification....

@Nezgar 

If you changed the email address on your self serve access, andcyounhopevto collect some community $$, be CERTAIN to have the exact same email address here on the community right down to capitalization of any letters. It took me 4 months to get to the bottom of why I was getting community badges but no community $ rewards. The "identical" email address is what tiesctgecrwonaccohts together.

AE_Collector

@Nezgar wrote:

I changed the e-mail address on my account instantly. I dont even think it asked for verification....

In the self-serve portal choose "My Profile" then "Change Username". Then enter the new email address.

I've never done that procedure, but to my understanding, I believe that the e-mail address there is only for contact information in your account profile.

Does your new e-mail address work for logging in to self serve?

I've believe that I've read before that you need to contact the moderators to properly change the e-mail address of your self account.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@GR wrote:

The only thing they'd need help from the moderators for would be to change the email address on the account 

In the self-serve portal choose "My Profile" then "Change Username". Then enter the new email address.

I don't know that the plan in question ever was the $60 US plan. I brought that plan up during the discussion but don't recall any indication of plan type from the OP.

AE_Collector

deep1993

No, thank you.

born2code

Are you still looking for someone to take over the $60 US/Canada plan?

@AE_Collector  and @cellphoneuser1 

With the amount of people bemoaning the loss of this plan current or possible pm customers the $60US plan does have value...over and above the remaining value of the current cycle. I'm sure someone seeking this plan would be willing to pay $3-$5 per month for 6 months over the cycles remaining value. $18-$30 extra.

Well I was just learning what can and can not be done. Yes the thought was giving it to a friend not trying to sell it on Craig's list! And my mention of possibly selling the $60 US plan is because while $60 isn't an inexpensive plan, that plan is considered to be a screaming deal for people spending months in the US and it was just cancelled by PM. But anyone who has it gets to keep it. Thus, it virtually could be "sold" for a small profit.

@AE_Collector wrote:

The SIM card and remaining prepaid time on the account have some value. If @deep1993 doesn't need to port his number out and gives the SIM card to a friend they could log in, change the phone number if they want to and presumably change the name, alternate phone number, payment method etc. Any problems with doing this? If @deep1993 was referred by another friend then that friend wouldn't lose the referral either.

If this were the recently discontinued US $60 plan we were talking about he could almost sell it!

AE_Collector

I can picture account being given to a friend, but can't pictuere someone buying it. $60 is a lot for a cell phone service. 

Anyway, if going through that much trouble to sell the remaining service, it might make more sense to purchase a compatible phone. If it's not compatible with Public, it isn't going to work with most carriers in Canada.

Thanks @GR

Good to know, I figured it wouldn't be much trouble at all though hadn't thought of the email problem. Obviously @deep1993 thought PM was a good deal, just not good enough to be forced to replace the device at this time.

On the flip side if it is a low monthly cost plan and is half way or more through the 30 days, likely not worth the effort to recover relatively little value.

Once autopay is removed, the SIM can be reused and brought back to life using the previously mentioned process for 90 days after the account is unable to top up before it becomes garbage.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  that can be done!  They'd be able to change the number and address and put a credit card for autopay! The only thing they'd need help from the moderators for would be to change the email address on the account 

Need Help? Let's chat.