cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting period to activate a ported number

Epistling
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  1. I am attempting to port my land line number to my cell.
  2. I am unable to recieve calls.
  3. It rings on the caller phone but not on mine.
  4. A person at Walmart suggested it can take up to 5 working days for the porting to be finalized.
  5. I would appreciate confirmation of this factoid?
  6. What do I do if it never works?

6 REPLIES 6

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Another suggestion would've been to reboot the phone. Glad the SIM card removal/reinsertion did the trick!

EvaGiberson

I waited 24 hours - nothing happened. Then I took the sim card out and re-inserted it and it worked. 

Worth a try!

@Epistling wrote:

Thanks for this. I had asked the moderator team but was left hanging. I guess I will be patient. 

Yeah, they are busy but will get to your message. However the port may be completed prior to them contacting you!

Epistling

Thanks for this. I had asked the moderator team but was left hanging. I guess I will be patient. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Epistling wrote:
  1. I am attempting to port my land line number to my cell.
  2. I am unable to recieve calls.
  3. It rings on the caller phone but not on mine.
  4. A person at Walmart suggested it can take up to 5 working days for the porting to be finalized.
  5. I would appreciate confirmation of this factoid?
  6. What do I do if it never works?

Hi,

Your landline should continue to work until the port is done and you should be able to use the new number you setup your PM account with until the port is done.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have ported a landline number before.  It took 2 days.  The delay was Bell wanting time to convince me to stay.  It's practically impossible to lose a number in a port.  There may be issues, but recovery is assured.  For ports to Public Mobile that fail, the moderator team is our resource for resubmitting a port that failed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.