cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: WARNING! $40 Koodo Offer is actually $55/month for 24 months (Check the fine print)

@Avengerwrote:

@koimr1 I looked at his posts and bill, there is no indication of a large tab.  He is simply paying for the plan.  I am looking to confirm how I can get a tab large with this rate as it seems it defaults to Tab Small only?

My apologies, I misread your message. Stand by......

Here's a private message I got from a moderator just this morning:

----

Thank you for reaching out to us! I can definitely answer your questions about the Koodo promo Smiley Happy 

Here are the conditions of the offer:

• You get unlimited international texts and unlimited Canada-wide minutes
  • One-time $100 bill credit to make up for the future days that the customer has already paid for on their Public Mobile plan
  • You may qualify for a $0 phone on a Tab. This will be determined after a credit check
  • There will be a $15 SIM card fee for all eligible Public Mobile RePublic customers

I hope I was able to clarify your doubts in regards to the Koodo offer. 

Let us know if you need anything else and have a great day!

----

So it appears that the credit check Koodo does will determine your tab eligibility. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: WARNING! $40 Koodo Offer is actually $55/month for 24 months (Check the fine print)

Under nitty gritty it also says the following:

3. Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday.

Also:

Additional airtime charges happen when you use more minutes than you have in your plan. Each additional minute costs $0.50. To save on future bills, you may need to change your plan or get an add-on.

Does this mean calls during 8am-5pm Mon-Fri will cost $0.50 per minute if we switch to this Koodo plan?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jooksingjai77wrote:

EVERYONE PLEASE VISIT:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-public-mobile-kicking-out-120-90-day-12gb-customers-100...

Read the thread summary and file a complaint with the CRTC.  

Lets make the RFD effect do something positive!

Thread does not exist

Highlighted

@ceeceewrote:

Under nitty gritty it also says the following:

3. Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday.

Also:

Additional airtime charges happen when you use more minutes than you have in your plan. Each additional minute costs $0.50. To save on future bills, you may need to change your plan or get an add-on.

Does this mean calls during 8am-5pm Mon-Fri will cost $0.50 per minute if we switch to this Koodo plan?

The private message quote I did in a previous message is actually a moderator's response to the exact same question:

"Could you please tell me what the EXACT deal is that I would be getting should I move to Koodo with your latest offer?

For example, are the minutes truly unlimited or is that only between certain times, etc.?"

I also thought yesterday I saw a message in this forum from a moderator saying it was truly unlimited anytime but I can't find it now. There's just too many posts for me to look for it, sorry.

Hopefully a way-overdue announcement will appear to explain all this.

Highlighted

@Charanth182wrote:

@jooksingjai77wrote:

EVERYONE PLEASE VISIT:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-public-mobile-kicking-out-120-90-day-12gb-customers-100...

Read the thread summary and file a complaint with the CRTC.  

Lets make the RFD effect do something positive!

Thread does not exist

It got merged and moved:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/price-increase-12gb-120-90day-plan-increase-150-unless-switch-koodo-2...

Highlighted

@ceecee, here's a bit more info from reddit and hopefully it is accurate:

"The salesman assured me it was anytime minutes not evenings and weekend. LTE data not 3G. There is 100 minutes of included call forwarding. $15 SIM card, no signup fees, and I didn't need a tab to get the $100 bonus."

Source: I dropped by a Koodo store

Highlighted

EVERYONE please file a complaint here!! Public Mobile (Telus) should not be increasing our bills by 25% in some backdoor scam to screw us out of the deal many of us signed up for!!

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Meanwhile,

I see this

image.pngI don't see that you HAVE TO take TAB!

Highlighted

My entire family switched less than a year ago, SIM costs from Koodo, then SIM costs from Public... and this entire hassle. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Civic_E Click on the link next to "Conditions Apply".