cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemails Left Every Day But No Caller?

calumny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

For the last several months I've been getting voicemails nearly every day from the same number. Most of the time there is no actual message, just silence. Occasionally there will be something in French. As I don't speak French, I don't know what it means. I've tried blocking the number so I don't get the calls, but the voicemails keep coming through.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@calumny wrote:

Alright, I'll try ignoring the voicemails for a while and see if they eventually stop. Thank you!

Just to expand on about ignoring the calls/voicemail, in my experience the spam number calling did keep changing (I'm guessing spammers work with severaly different numbers), so you will have to do this for a while when new numbers try to call or leave voicemail.  Good luck:)

calumny

Alright, I'll try ignoring the voicemails for a while and see if they eventually stop. Thank you!

@calumny wrote:

My phone doesn't actually show that I've been called. I'll just be sitting there and suddenly there's a voicemail. I just wrote down the number when I retrieve my voicemails and blocked it manually.

Yes when a number is blocked you won't hear the incoming call.  Like I said don't bother retrieving the voicemail.

calumny

My phone doesn't actually show that I've been called. I'll just be sitting there and suddenly there's a voicemail. I just wrote down the number when I retrieve my voicemails and blocked it manually.

@duffer900 wrote:

@calumny wrote:

Hi,

For the last several months I've been getting voicemails nearly every day from the same number. Most of the time there is no actual message, just silence. Occasionally there will be something in French. As I don't speak French, I don't know what it means. I've tried blocking the number so I don't get the calls, but the voicemails keep coming through.

Thanks!

Sounds like a malfunctioning auto dialer perhaps. You said you blocked it? But it's not showing a number? Did you block the "unknown/private" number? That won't work I don't think.

I missed that part about blocking!  🙂

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@calumny wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Sounds like a malfunctioning auto dialer perhaps. You said you blocked it? But it's not showing a number? Did you block the "unknown/private" number? That won't work I don't think.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@calumny wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

You should be able to block the number (unless you have a very old device).  Another thing to do is not bother retrieving voicemails related to this number and, I believe, they will automatically expire after 10 days.  I used to get a lot of random numbers calling, with blocking and ignoring, they've dropped off to just occasional spam caller.

Need Help? Let's chat.