cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail unable to set up

fboybcb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My friend ported his number and after that he tried to set up his voicemail (he uses iPhone) but every time he presses the voicemail button, it says failed. I had no problem with mine so I'm not sure how to help him get it fixed.
9 REPLIES 9

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @fboybcb

Welcome to PM!

Can you please ask your friend to send me a private message including his phone number? I'll have to look into this for him.

Thank you 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hmmm.. I think your friend should private message a moderator. To do that, click this link: @Shazia_K and on the mod's page, select "send this user a private message". I'm sorry I couldn't help fix the problem. Smiley Sad

fboybcb
I get an automated person saying "Sorry, talk is not available in your current plan..."

Btw, my friends plan is $120 90 days, unlike province wide, unlim text 12gb. I even checked to see if it's the right plan.

PhoneSeeker

@fboybcb

Now try this:

Program New Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input *5005*86*+1(yourphonenumber with no spaces or dashes)#.
  4. Press Call to program the number.

fboybcb
After I press call, the number entered is gone or deleted. I pressed the voicemail icon and it says call failed. 😞

fboybcb
Nothing happens

PhoneSeeker

@fboybcb was he using Rogers before?

Try this: 

Delete Voicemail Retrieval Number

1. Click the Phone icon.
  2. Choose Keypad.
  3. Input  ##5005*86#.
  4. Press Call to delete the number.

fboybcb
His service is fine. His network says pm and he's able to make outgoing calls and receive incoming.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Hi,
Is his service working normally otherwise?
Need Help? Let's chat.