cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail setup

Sonja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone,

I received a missed call/voicemail notification on my phone. 

I have a data/talk/text plan ($50 per 30 days - 8.5GB) that should include voicemail. But when I dial 1 to access my voicemail - a Public Mobile message says 'talk is not included in my current plan' - but I am able to make and receive calls. 

How can I resolve, and setup voicemail?

Many thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks @darlicious 

@88cranston wrote:

Iam just new to PM. And this community is fantastic. I thought I would get a welcome email that would have a link to set up voicemail. Nada!

Click here please

Here tooo 😀

@88cranston  Oh no I guess they missed you...as I'm sure you're learning it's a little hit and miss around here. Ala the bad news bears?!! I did get some kind of notice from pm that prompted me to set up voicemail I just can't remember what it was....the community is pretty awesome. Not an online person at all but ive really taken to it. Firstly because its a DIY mobile provider so if you dont learn how to fix it yourself when problem arises youre going to stranded on a lonely stretch of road til you walk to the closest community...us. We're happy to help...fix a flat, top up your oil or clean your windshield. But if you stick around you'll learn how to maintain the whole car to keep it running smoothly...well as smoothly as an old beater can but there's a lot of camaraderie, the occasional banging of heads and a whole lot of helping, sharing and caring.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Iam just new to PM. And this community is fantastic. I thought I would get a welcome email that would have a link to set up voicemail. Nada!

Click here please

Here tooo 😀

Sonja

Thank you! Dialing my own phone number worked 

Ninja0628

Here's the link to the instructions to set up voicemail:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

@Sonja wrote:

Hey everyone,

I have a data/talk/text plan ($50 per 30 days - 8.5GB) that should include voicemail. But when I dial 1 to access my voicemail - a Public Mobile message says 'talk is not included in my current plan' - but I am able to make and receive calls. 

Many thanks!

Can you check which phone number your phone is trying to dial? It might not be programmed properly.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sonja wrote:

Hey everyone,

Many thanks!

Ignore that recorded message. Try dialling 1 ahead of area code, then your number.

Need Help? Let's chat.