cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail number change

Technopop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I came to PM from Telus where my Android phone was setup so that unanswered calls would get forwarded to a number on my PBX which hosts my voicemail.

I did this by going into the call settings -> voicemail  settings -> voicemail number and changed it.

With PM, I can't.   The error message that pops up is "Failed to read data.  Voicmail number change unsuccessful".

Is there a way to do this through contacting someone here?

5 REPLIES 5

Technopop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Yes. Voip.ms. There is a DID that goes straight to voicemail that I use. I get the vm as an mp3/wav email attachment.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Indexx wrote:

This might be a work around for you.

Try using these settings:

(This is from Android Nougat so you might have to menu dive to find the correct menu if you're on a different version.)

Phone app > 3 dots > Settings > Calls > Call forwarding

Change the "When unanswered" and "When unreachable" phone numbers to your voicemail number.

This.  Note that if your PBX relies on the OCN (originally called number) being passed through (the way that free services like Youmail do), it's not going to work.  Public doesn't seem to send that correctly. If it's a dedicated number specifically for your voicemail box, then you'll be fine.

@skidoomaster wrote:

PM Call Forwarding.jpg

These are all of the codes for call forwarding on Public Mobile. The "SEND" means the call/dial button on your phones dialer; the codes are to be entered into your phone's dialer. 

Hope this helps.

These codes are the way to do forwarding on a featured phone.  Smart phones typically have menu items that do the same thing. 

skidoomaster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM Call Forwarding.jpg

These are all of the codes for call forwarding on Public Mobile. The "SEND" means the call/dial button on your phones dialer; the codes are to be entered into your phone's dialer. 

Hope this helps.

Indexx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This might be a work around for you.

Try using these settings:

(This is from Android Nougat so you might have to menu dive to find the correct menu if you're on a different version.)

Phone app > 3 dots > Settings > Calls > Call forwarding

Change the "When unanswered" and "When unreachable" phone numbers to your voicemail number.

Need Help? Let's chat.