cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anytime I enter voicemail now it asks for pin then asks me to press 1 to get a temporary password. After doing that it just keeps repeating the same thing over again. Is this happening to anyone else? I have tried force resetting it from my account it didn't work I still can't access my voicemail.

22 REPLIES 22

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shutdown wrote:

I want it fixed not a work around so I'll need a mod. I've already contacted them.

Suit yourself. It's not a workaround. It's how the thing works. Check your call forwarding options in your dialer. Call one of those numbers in that list and it should get to your voicemail. But whatever.

Just an fyi: I do not have call forwarding activated but can still reach voicemail by pressing/holding #1.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bravo_md

Thanks very much for the reply. Now I understand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bravo_md wrote:

When I've checked my call history I've notice 6 or more calls from my phone number to voice mail [my area code] 580-4001 a day, even when I don't check my voice mail.  Any reason why that's happening? thanks

That's the log of the call forwarding when a caller drops to voicemail.

bravo_md

When I've checked my call history I've notice 6 or more calls from my phone number to voice mail [my area code] 580-4001 a day, even when I don't check my voice mail.  Any reason why that's happening? thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shutdown 

1. call your number from another phone, don't answer it...does it drop to your greeting and allow leaving a recording?

2. if so then call again and during the greeting press * and then your 10 digit number as the password...does that get you into your voicemail control?

3. call the number from your phone that geopublic wrote above...do you get to your voicemail control? (Maybe it asks for a password. There's a setting to turn off requiring a password when calling voicemail from the phone.)

Shutdown

The exact same thing. I've tried that one too.

@Shutdown wrote:

I wrote I already tried that it didn't work.

@Shutdown  What happens when you call 6475804001?

Shutdown

I wrote I already tried that it didn't work.

@Shutdown wrote:

I want it fixed not a work around so I'll need a mod. I've already contacted them.

@Shutdown  Use selfserve to access your account and select the reset voicemail password option. From your phone hold down the 1 key enter your phone number as the password.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shutdown wrote:

Suit yourself. It's not a workaround. It's how the thing works. Check your call forwarding options in your dialer. Call one of those numbers in that list and it should get to your voicemail. But whatever.

Shutdown

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shutdown wrote:

It would call my phone not my voicemail if I called my number.

That's exactly correct. But there's call forwarding in your phone that if you don't answer a call it will call forward somewhere. That somewhere would be one of the voicemail access numbers here. Set your call forwarding to a relevant number in that list and it should get to your voicemail.

@Shutdown  from the help section  To access voicemail messages from your mobile device, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad. You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

Shutdown

I'm just going to contact a mod and see if they can fix this then.

Shutdown

It would call my phone not my voicemail if I called my number.

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Shutdown wrote:

Anytime I enter voicemail now it asks for pin then asks me to press 1 to get a temporary password. After doing that it just keeps repeating the same thing over again. Is this happening to anyone else? I have tried force resetting it from my account it didn't work I still can't access my voicemail.

Have you tried restarting your phone? 

Ok just a thought, see if you can dial in from another phone with your password if one is avaliable

Shutdown

I'm on the $40/5gb plan.

@Shutdown hi by any chance are you on the 10 or 15 dollar plan and run out of minutes? can you try to call in from anther phone ?

Shutdown

No and my voicemail number is my number which is correct. It just keeps looping where it asks me to request a temporary password which just keeps looping the same thing. And yes it was working fine before. This is the first time this has ever happened to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shutdown wrote:

I don't think you're dialing in to the right voicemail. Check your voicemail call forwarding options. Should be something like your provincial area code and 580 4001. Did you change dialers or something?

Need Help? Let's chat.