cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail - how to set up and retrieve

Mogens_Eliasen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot access my voicemail - because I have no clue how to.  I got the phone number to call, but that asks for my mailbox number, and I have no clue what that is!  Where would I find it?  Searching on my phone for "voicemail" gives no result.  Can you hewlp me with a hint what to do?

9 REPLIES 9

Mogens_Eliasen

Putting it all together, I think I got my issue resolved. Thank you all for your contributions!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mogens_Eliasen wrote:

That was very useful.  Now I can access voicemail on my cell phone at least.  She talks as fast as a machinegun, though, and uses a lot of words I don't understand the meaning of.  I think I can figure out what I need, though.  But I still have no idea of what my "mailbox number" is, so I cannot get access from another phone, and when I travel that becomes very important.

The mailbox number is your 10 digit phone number.

You can call both the voicemail system or your number to get to your voicemail. It would seem to me to be faster and easier to remember to use your number instead of the voicemail access number.

Mogens_Eliasen

1-778-581-4001

It worked this time when I omitted the initial 1

I did the set-up on my cell phone and got my greeting.  So it works now,  Thanks!

Mogens_Eliasen

That was very useful.  Now I can access voicemail on my cell phone at least.  She talks as fast as a machinegun, though, and uses a lot of words I don't understand the meaning of.  I think I can figure out what I need, though.  But I still have no idea of what my "mailbox number" is, so I cannot get access from another phone, and when I travel that becomes very important.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mogens_Eliasen wrote:

I need to use a different phone.  The mail box number is neither my phone number nor my password.  What other PIN are you talking about.  I am new at this and understand almost nothing.

Log in to your self-serve and reset voicemail password. It resets to your 10 digit phone number. From the other phone, call your number and let it drop to voicemail. Press # (*?) when something starts to talk. Then follow the prompts.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

What is the number you are calling to access voicemail?

The mailbox number should be your 10 digit number. 

You might need to setup you voicemail from your cell phone for the Inital setup.

Mogens_Eliasen

I need to use a different phone.  The mail box number is neither my phone number nor my password.  What other PIN are you talking about.  I am new at this and understand almost nothing.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe it will only ask for your voicemail number (ie your tel number) if you call from a phone that is not your cell phone.  

are you calling from your cell phone?  if its asking for your voicemail pin you should beable to reset it from withing selfserve under plans and addons.

Need Help? Let's chat.