cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail confusion

guomao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just want to be clarified because I am on the limited plan.

Any incoming calls get into my voicemail box will not cost plan minutes as long as I don't retrieve them, no matter how long is the message. 

If I retrieve the message from voicemail, that duration will be counted as my plan minutes, i.e. listening for 2 minutes will cost 2 minutes of usage.

Hope my understanding is correct.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Welcome to Public Mobile where things aren't quite so literal and exceptions abound. Some of the things in your image are not reality. But I guess they could change to become so. But this place works at a glacial pace to fix these kinds of things.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I know it is not a direct answer to the question, however it is a practical one.  Long distance minutes cost $5/500 minutes.  Let's not fret over a penny or two.  

@guomao wrote:

Any incoming calls get into my voicemail box will not cost plan minutes as long as I don't retrieve them, no matter how long is the message. 

If I retrieve the message from voicemail, that duration will be counted as my plan minutes, i.e. listening for 2 minutes will cost 2 minutes of usage.

Yes, this is correct as was mentioned in your other message thread.  Someone leaving you a message does not use up minutes.  That's why when it comes to your usage details showing outgoing calls to the voicemail deposit number wouldn't concern me.  Your phone not ringing could have just been some strange quirk while the numbe porting was being completed.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@guomao If you doesn't want people to leave message at all, you can kind of disable the function.

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@guomao Actually the clock starts when you press SEND on your phone.. not when you start listening. It is also rounded up to the nearest minute.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@guomao wrote:

@guomao  Yes your understanding is correct. If you don't want to use up minutes you can retrieve you VM s by dialing the PM main vm number from a landline or a wifi based calling app like Google Hangouts Dialer.

PM VM number area code 580-4001

Anonymous
Not applicable

Callers dropping to voicemail do not cost minutes. Using a different phone to listen does not cost minutes. 

Using the phone pressing and holding 1 (by default) will cost minutes. 

Minutes are rounded up to the next minute.

Need Help? Let's chat.