cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail- Talk not included?

amber87_22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to Public Mobile yesterday and I did receive the message saying that the porting was complete.

I am able to receive/make calls and send/receive text messages.

When I try to access my voicemail a message saying “talk not included in your plan” plays.

What can I do to get my voicemail? 

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amber87_22, wait time depends on how busy they are.  It has been rather chaotic the last few days.  Hopefully things are rolling along a bit smoother for the mods today, and they get to you soon.

Try calling your number from another phone, and pressing the '*' or '#' keep when it goes to voicemail.  You should be able to access from a landline or another cellular phone this way.

amber87_22

I sent them a message a few hours ago.

Any idea how long t take to respond?

I have a message waiting that I need to check!

@amber87_22, this sounds like an account provisioning issue.  I'd follow the instructions above in @Anonymous's post.  Look for the 'here' link.

amber87_22

I just tried to do this.

I am in New Brunswick, so I picked the number 5065884001 from the list.

I followed the instructions from the second link and typed it in to my phone keypad. A message popped up and said successful, but that message of talk is not included is still playing when I try to access my voicemail!

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a strange issue and I don't ever recall reading about it here.

Hopefully the @CS_Agent can get this up and running for you.

@amber87_22

Then you'll probably need to change the fowarding number of your voicemail.

You'll find all voicemail numbers here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

Choose the number that's within your calling area (or any other number and add "1" before it). Ideally, choose a number within your province, so if you ever change from Canada-wide to province only calling plan, you won't incur long distance fees without knowing why...

Then change the forwarding number, some help on how to do it can be found here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Voicemail-number-change/m-p/128139/highli...

Hope this works!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amber87_22, there might have been a glitch during account setup.  You will likely need the help of a moderator to correct this.  Include your phone number or account number as well as your account PIN(if known) in order to speed up communications.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

amber87_22

I did check that. My plan has unlimited Canada wide talk.

I can make calls though. 

It’s just the voicemail that is saying this.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

What is your specific plan?  You can see the details in your My Account area, on the overview page.

Does your plan include a talk package?  If you didn't select one of the talk options, it will not be on your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.