cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Setup

ntang747
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello guys! 

I tried setting up my voicemail inbox not too long ago since I joined Public Mobile. I had trouble setting up my voicemail, so on a trial dial from a friend to my phone, I asked them to send me a message to see how my voicemail message would sound like on the other side. My friend called, and just hears my name on the voicemessaging system (although I had a voicemail message setup - along the lines of: "Hi, my name is ___,  I can't take your call right now, please leave a message after the beep.") 

I'm wondering how I setup my voicemessaging system wrong, and trying to get it into shape so it doesn't inconvenience others when they are trying to get ahold of me. Appreciate any feedback to fix this problem to get it up and going. Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes thanks. I have bookmarked that page for future reference. 

If you are on a Limited Talk Plan then you might want to navigate to Personal Options and select Rapid Prompts... You'll waste fewer minutes listening to the computer voice babble away between commands. 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Iam just new to PM. And was surprised that my Welcome email didn’t give me a few URLs for set ups like voicemail. Never the less after Googling for PM voicemail  it brought me one for Telus so I used it. But once I got into it, it takes you step by step. But I had no idea what message 1 or 2 was for. I have a cold and did not like the sound of my recordings. I went back to my account to reset my voicemail. But that reset only does the password. I was hoping it would wipe out everything and let me redo from start. So I wound up deleting message 2 and then I called my voicemail.  So it repeats my name and  the rest is all automated. I like it! But would have been nice to see the prompts ahead of time.  I will print and keep the previous note. 

ntang747
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you so much for the infographic! It's clear and super helpful, I'll have to re-do my voicemail again. Thanks again!! ^^ 

Need Help? Let's chat.