cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Issues

ekk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm able to logon to my voicemail with no issues, how when attemping to check voice messages, it would say, "sent by xxx-xxx-xxxx", and then it will say, "to replay this message, press 1" without playing the actual message.  I would press one, and it would again say, sent by xxx-xxx-xxxx, to replay this message, press 1.  I would try it again, and it would be the same. 

I tried hanging up and calling again and does the same thing.

I'm pretty sure there was a message, I even left a message myself with another phone but can't listen to the message.

9 REPLIES 9

eatnb1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Press 1, then press 1 again. That is what I have to do, not sure why, it asks me twice to press 1.

@ekkGive the lost/stolen trick a shot before contacting the mods (or while you wait for them to respond if you already have), it seems to fix almost every problem at public mobile. Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone. This seems to reset your sim / account. I would guess it depends how the voicemail service is handled during a manual suspension of your account but worth a shot.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ekk wrote:

I left my own msg which was pretty long, so probably not a short msg problem.  I guess I will ask a mod.  How do you do that btw?

@ekk

The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

ekk

left my own msg which was pretty long, so probably not a short msg problem.  I guess I will ask a mod.  How do you do that btw?

@Jessica_T wrote:

@Carld123 wrote:

Same here..call voicemail..messages play without hitting anything..unless i want to delete or replay..etc

Once the full voicemail message has been listened to the lady will ask if you want to replay it by pressing 1. It sounds like the message left was not properly recorded by the voicemail service or was a fraction of a second, or there is an issue where it is unable to retrieve the message from whatever database the message is stored. Public mobile has no way for the user to disable and re-enable voicemail, so maybe worth a shot to contact the mods and ask them to delete and re-activate the voicemail profile.

left my own msg which was pretty long, so probably not a short msg problem.  I guess I will ask a mod.  How do you do that btw?

ekk

I left my own msg which was pretty long, so probably not a short msg problem.  I guess I will ask a mod.  How do you do that btw?

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Carld123 wrote:

Same here..call voicemail..messages play without hitting anything..unless i want to delete or replay..etc

Once the full voicemail message has been listened to the lady will ask if you want to replay it by pressing 1. It sounds like the message left was not properly recorded by the voicemail service or was a fraction of a second, or there is an issue where it is unable to retrieve the message from whatever database the message is stored. Public mobile has no way for the user to disable and re-enable voicemail, so maybe worth a shot to contact the mods and ask them to delete and re-activate the voicemail profile.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

ekk

Nope, it's the same lady voice when you log in.  When I delete and go to the next message, it would play another xxx-xxx-xxxx and press 1 to replay again... after saying press 1, it goes to say stuff like, press 5 to hear time of call, and press 7 to save the message, etc.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The part about pressing 1 to play message, could it be a part of the message itself?  Maybe it is my settings, but I think my messages just play back. 

Need Help? Let's chat.