cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice to email

Dklassen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling for a couple of weeks to Africa. I would like to have my calls go to voice mail and then that they be sent to me as emails. I would like to have my text messages sent to email as well. Is it possible to set that up in Public Mobile? I will have a different SIM purchased locally, in AFrica.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

yes its real simple just put ur phone on do not distrub. As far as emails. No not aware of that, u can maybe try some apps for that but even then highly unliklely

@slash407 I don't follow you here.  Why would you put your phone on DND?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dklassen wrote:

I am traveling for a couple of weeks to Africa. I would like to have my calls go to voice mail and then that they be sent to me as emails. I would like to have my text messages sent to email as well. Is it possible to set that up in Public Mobile? I will have a different SIM purchased locally, in AFrica.

No.  PM does not provide that service.

But you can create a free Fongo account and forward all your calls to Fongo number.  Configure Fongo to send your voicemail file to you email inbox.  I got my voicemail sent to my inbox over 5 years at least.  Fongo can also receive fax and send your fax pdf file to your inbox too. 

I call the "Fongo voicemail to inbox" service is poor man's visual voicemail without an iPhone and is free.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Dklassen wrote:

Public Mobile is a no-frills carrier. No such options are available from the carrier side.

You can see if you find a VOIP solution in the app store / play store that does meet your criteria. Since call forwarding is included in the unlimited plans that include the talk feature, you could forwarding your calls to that VOIP provider and use whatever options they offer.

I believe it might be slightly more complicated to forward texts. Haven't looked into it recently but a couple of years ago SMS forwarding apps required you to leave a phone on and plugged in at home, with your PM SIM inserted.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Dklassen

This requires Visual Voicemail service, which Public Mobile does not provide.

Many have expressed interest in the past through this post - https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Visual-voicemail/m-p/131147#M42971

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Dklassen wrote:

@DklassenThat is not a service public mobile provides.

Are you able to leave a phone here with the PM sim plugged to power (so it doesnt die) for forwarding purposes? Then in africa use a different phone with your new sim? If so there are apps you can get to forward your texts and do various different actions. You can also set a voicemail to tell people to send you an email. Or forward the number to a number that provides visual voicemail, even a free one like Fongo which can be displayed as text. With a little bit of effort on your behalf the sky is the limit.

Need Help? Let's chat.