cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail access number

elhota
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't want to use up my monthly minutes every time I access my voice mail messages.  Is there an number I can call into to access my voice mail using my landline phone?  There was a way to do this when I was with Mobilicity.

14 REPLIES 14

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@wordup41 wrote:

You need to make sure you set your voicemail password already.

Follow these steps:

Main steps
Access voicemail from another phone
Accessing your voicemail from another phone is handy when you don't have your wireless phone with you or when outside a coverage area. To check your voicemail messages from another phone:

1. Call your 10-digit wireless voicemail number.
  2. If you reach the main voicemail system greeting, enter your 10-digit wireless phone
  3. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press the * key to interrupt it.
  4. Enter your voicemail password when prompted.
  5. Follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages.

And does this option debit your minutes available on the $15 plan?

No, it doesn't, or at least it's not supposed to if calling from a different phone.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wordup41 wrote:

Follow these steps:

Main steps
Accessing your voicemail from another phone is handy when you don't have your wireless phone with you or when outside a coverage area. To check your voicemail messages from another phone:

2. If you reach the main voicemail system greeting, enter your 10-digit wireless phone

And does this option debit your minutes available on the $15 plan?

@mobileguy wrote:

I just tested the voice mail system and yes, you are charged minutes if you're accessing your voice mail from your mobile phone.  I wonder why some carriers count this call towards minutes and others don't.  

All carriers count calling your voicemail from your cell phone as minutes used.

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just tested the voice mail system and yes, you are charged minutes if you're accessing your voice mail from your mobile phone.  I wonder why some carriers count this call towards minutes and others don't.  I haven't tried accessing VM from another line but I understand that type of call won't count towards my minutes.

elhota

Thanks.  This helps

@elhota wrote:

When I got to the voice mail centre I entered my 10 digit number followed by a *.  Then it asked for a password.  How do I set this password to access my voice mail?  Can I set it through my landline phone or do I need to access this through my cell phone?  Again, I would prefer not to use up any minutes trying to set this password.

You need first to set-up your voicemail with your phone  But after you can use your landline if you don't want to use a lot of minutes.

@elhota wrote:

When I got to the voice mail centre I entered my 10 digit number followed by a *.  Then it asked for a password.  How do I set this password to access my voice mail?  Can I set it through my landline phone or do I need to access this through my cell phone?  Again, I would prefer not to use up any minutes trying to set this password.

The password is the 4 numbers set during your activation.

elhota

I just called a 50/50 plan from another phone, accessed the voicemail box, and was not charged for a call.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@elhota Try calling your number from another phone but interrupt the message with * key. Then follow the directions to listen to your messages.

Though I am not sure if that counts toward minutes used.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wordup41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Follow these steps:

Main steps

wordup41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there,

You can get this number when you go to the call forwarding feature on your phone. The number is +1 581-580-4001.

Screenshot_20190331-200402_Phone.jpg

Hope this helps:)

elhota

Thanks.  I tried that and it is asking for a mail box number.  What would be the mail box number?  I tried my 10 digit phone number and that didn't work.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@elhota wrote:

I don't want to use up my monthly minutes every time I access my voice mail messages.  Is there an number I can call into to access my voice mail using my landline phone?  There was a way to do this when I was with Mobilicity.

Yes for sure. You can find this number in your self serve account ..tab PLAN/ADD-ONS and in USAGE HISTORY you will see somewher a number with xxxxxx4001 at the end.

Need Help? Let's chat.