cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very satisfied customer.

David01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Been with Public Mobile for just over three months now and couldn't be happier. It gives me the opportunity to still be a customer of Telus, while being able to have significant savings, on an excellent network. The price points are great and the data, although its marketed as "3G", is seamless and quite fast to use. If I wasn't told it was slower, honestly, I couldn't tell the difference. Customer support here is fast and always reliable. The colorful and playful advertising is also very visually appealing, which I really like. All the folks and moderators here are doing a great job. Anyway, just wanted to show my support. Hopefully many more years to come! Thanks and talk soon! -David. 

8 REPLIES 8

David01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad to hear! 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

we are still with the big 3,  just a different brand.  We would need to go to freedom but they are not ready yet.as mentioned before. 

But why exactly should we need (or want) to go to Freedom?

To support the underdog?  To get away from the (Big Three) alternatives?

If so ... then by all means follow your principles, support the "little guy", flip off the Big Three, vote with your wallet, and do your own small part to help Freedom grow while stimulating competition in the Canadian wireless market.  But if that's already your final objective then why wait at all, why not start right away?

Just playing the Devil's advocate here.  I'm guessing you have no motivation to leave PM.  I certainly have no motivation to leave PM.  Not even shopping around for a "better" deal, I'm quite content with what I pay for what I get.  Maybe that'll change in the future, one never knows when PM will decide to change plans ... but I'm of the opinion that it's not worth worrying about what bad things the "Future is Friendly" might bring along ... until they arrive.  Sadly this means I tacitly choose to keep feeding my dollars into fat Telus pockets, but somehow I suspect that if Freedom ever manages to grow up then won't turn out a whole lot better.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope PM will have more promo or bonus for existing customer that would be perfect 🙂 no other brand can be beat

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luke11992 we are still with the big 3,  just a different brand.  We would need to go to freedom but they are not ready yet.as mentioned before. Glad you and all have had good experiences. It is  always nice  to hear positive news reviews. 

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I feel ya, I've been with PM since December and I've had no service issues, I've always found the 3g data to be good, and I'm super pleased with the value compared to the rip-offs of the big 3.

@closng wrote:

Happy to see Public Mobile growing with a new fan base. 

To be honest, I would go out on a limb and say that 95% of the population would probably do just fine with the 3G data speeds.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper with Public Mobile as well 🙂

Agreed.  My data speed at work isn't much faster than the throttled 3G speed most of the time.  It is nice to see good customer feedback from time to time to offset the negatively.  

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Happy to see Public Mobile growing with a new fan base. 

To be honest, I would go out on a limb and say that 95% of the population would probably do just fine with the 3G data speeds.

Needless to say, I'm a happy camper with Public Mobile as well 🙂

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Pseudo-3G delivered across real-4G is actually just as good in practice when used for normal daily websurfing and stuff - it has all the same responsiveness (low latency) even if the upper speed is throttled.  The "3G" performance cap really only has impact on (large) downloads, filesharing, and synthetic benchmark scores.

Nice to see another satisfied PM customer!  It is nice to have a Telus network option which doesn't require paying Telus Mobility's outrageous prices, lol.  While I agree that PM support is "good" and "reliable" I wouldn't expect it to always be "fast" ... hopefully you'll never find yourself needing "fast" support here to get your phone working again, lol, the mods are great but also get swamped when too many things break down at once.

Need Help? Let's chat.