cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed (not what you think)

TE0991
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I would just like to say that I am very disappointed. Not about public mobile or about their customer service, quite the opposite in fact, but about all the super negative posts and comments going on in this forum.

Like many others I had some issues today setting up my account and getting things working properly. After some reading and a couple posts I contacted one of the mods for help. I PATIENTLY waited for a reply and with a few polite messages back and forth the problem was sorted in no time. My account is fixed. I have perfect service again. And my number successfully ported over within a matter of a couple hours.

This is an online based service. It is not perfect. If you want a call center to yell at when things don't go your way you're going to have to pay for it. There's a reason PM is able to offer plans like the promotion so cheap. It's because they have very little overhead and limited staff.

Please remember these are people on the other side of the keyboard, with lives and feelings and families. While they are working very hard to get your problems fixed they also have other responsibilities. Their world doesn't revolve around your phone.

Being courteous and patient goes a LONG way. Please and thank you are the basics for polite conversation. Your issue will get fixed. There's no need for hate and slander.

Thank you to all the Public Mobile staff for bringing us this great promotion plan and for working so hard to try and make the process as smooth as possible. You guys are doing great!
61 REPLIES 61

FAR_89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have you looked at other posts on the Community forum to see if someone else has had the same issue and recieved a response? I had to do that for an issue I had earlier and was able to figure it out. Just trying to help 🙂

drewswerd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wish i had the same experience as you - seems like some of us including myself haven't even heard any response.  Mine's still waiting on from Tuesday and I came in with the expectation that things were going to get crazy.  But the fact that you even got a response while I've been waiting for 5 days to get a response from 2 PM's and 1 Contact Us submission is pretty inconsistent.  A standard ticket queuing system should alleviate this odd inconsistency but from what your'e saying it doesn't feel like it. Are people jumping the queue getting special preferences? dunno..

If you could only be in our shoes and say the same thing, i'd give you more credit for your post. As someone who's posting after being looked after and satisfied.. hmm..  well doesn't hold much weight I'm sorry.

pty

Yes, it's a good reminder that there are people working at the other end. However, we can't ignore the fact that there are a lot of frustrated customers in need of technical support. Some customers have been waiting over a month for a response, which is pretty awful.

Frankly, Public Mobile is a great when you don't need urgent customer support. I've already recommended a Public Mobile to several people already and they're loving it. The price is the best selling point, but at a cost to customer support.

SRS

I could not agree more.  I have moved over 8 lines to public mobile during this promo.

Hello everybody, 

I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you Smiley Embarassed,

Rest assured that we are trying to help you guys out at the earliest possible. 

We very much appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

PoweredByPho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jackfzhao wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Well said and very close to what I said a few days ago.  For those not comfortable with online service or maybe a slight delay this may not work for you but that is why they can offer the price plans they do.  If you want that face to face or even voice on the other end of the phone you will need to realise that you will have to pay for the additional overhead and staffing.

strong agree!!! every buddy knows you get what you pay for, but we want free lunch Man Tongue

Wow, I'm really sick of all you guys on your high horse.

Just because you have not experienced significant outages (we're talking weeks here without cell service for some) does not give you the right to be condensending and try to belittle/minimize other's legitimate complaints.

We all get it, it's a budget cell phone service provider. They save costs on not having physical stores and a large support staff, so some delays are to be expected. However here are some points to consider before you bash any further:

1) Free lunch? You know we paid $126 up front right? What's so free about that? Besides that we're still paying 70-90% of the value of a normal cell phone service from the big 3 UPFRONT as a prepaid service, yet we are not receiving anything in return. Seems like the only people getting free lunch is PM.

2) Not sure if you have ever had any important calls. Try missing all of them over a couple weeks and see if you still think it's not okay to complain.

3) Have you ever flown on a discount airline and had your flight delayed for weeks, with the only explanation that "we're busy", and you couldn't get in touch with anyone? Is it to be expected because it's a "budget" airline that you shouldn't say anything because you get what you pay for? No, because it doesn't happen, and if it did - you would lose your marbles.

4) At this point, I know you're also thinking that "If you don't like PM, why not just leave?" Well that's difficult, since alot of our numbers (precious to us) are stuck in the porting process. So while I'm sure many people just want to give up on this, they can't or they will lose their number. Don't pretend like there aren't other comparable alternatives, another service provider is now offering $40/4GB.

Listen, I know we're supposed to be helping each other; but I'm really sick and tired of hearing people whine about people complaining (you know who you are). I see the irony and hypocrisy here in my own post, but you guys need to understand that this wasn't free and isn't acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of Public Mobile, and I want to support it as much as I can - but condescending remarks do not help anyone here. Especially when it seems like this thread was created to show how quickly someone jumped the queue, received a response and solved their issue, when many people have been waiting weeks. Yes, it made me jealous - but more than that, it was so much more upsetting to see someone get better treatment and belittling everyone else having issues because "they just don't understand why we complain".

TLDR: Stop complaining about people complaining, so I can stop complaining about you guys complaining about people complaining.

ASharpTM

@jackfzhao This is an oversimplification of the problem. As @admlw mentioned, people (including himself) are sending messages that are going unanswered for over a week. I don't think anyone here is expecting instant gratification. A few hours or even a day or two before receiving a reply I don't think is that bad but when people are paying for a service that they're not receiving for over a week? That's 100% unacceptable.

I understand that there is a largeload that is being placed on the support staff right now and that it might take longer than usual to reply to messages but that doesn't make it right to take people's money and make them wait for days on end for a response.

surrey

No one has waited as long as I have, I have been waiting since Oct 30 or 31. I am beyond Frustrated.

jackfzhao

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Well said and very close to what I said a few days ago.  For those not comfortable with online service or maybe a slight delay this may not work for you but that is why they can offer the price plans they do.  If you want that face to face or even voice on the other end of the phone you will need to realise that you will have to pay for the additional overhead and staffing.

strong agree!!! every buddy knows you get what you pay for, but we want free lunch Man Tongue

Frustrated_1

I could not have said it better 

thank you 

ehsan

Just want to say that my issue solved with help of @Ionut and @Luddite

Thanks a million for mading my day.

admlw

OP clearly has not had any of the issues that are affecting a large number of customers.

When it takes a week to get a response, this is 100% unacceptable. I am an existing customer (not newly registering with this current deal), and my data and calling have just stopped working. The mods have (in the past) been extremely fast to respond, but for the past week I essentially have no service at all. 

The issue is not that people are having problems with their phones (**bleep** happens), but the fact that PM has totally failed at responding and correcting these problems. 

To make matters worse, PM is continually advertising this new deal to acquire new customers. If you cannot handle the current influx of new customers (as well as servicing your existing customers), your energy should be put towards fixing the problems, not packing more onto it. 

This has nothing to do with being empathetic to the mods, and everything to do with a fundamental failure to provide the service you are offering.  

bryanbreguet

@Ionut wrote:

@TE0991 I feel your pain. Everyday i've seen a lot of angry people who try to be "online warriors" for no reason.

If you wait 3 hours at Rogers store or more it better?.

I'm sure even if the PM services will be Free of charge people will still complain. That's the human nature.

We do like to fight and discharge our personal problem into others people.

For the Record: Been with Public since they opened 2010. 

Never had a big issue like i found on this forum. Such : Cannot call, data, overcharged. 

Most of the time we do make mistake when we set up things because we always been comfortable and wait others people to do our job. "That's why i pay!" No you don't! If you wanna find a carrier services which have employee go and aim for Rogers, Bell so on. Where you pay them to threat you like .....

The answer is so simple who doesn't like it can take his opinions and get back to the 70 $ for 2 GB of Data

All my e-mail was answered in a time manner.

All the Questions was answerd very fast and solid answer through our old experienced community friends.

All the glitches was resolved for my surprise very fast and if took couple of days i get discount as compensation.

Unfortunately that's how we are.

I don't think i've seen other Company which actually gave you something back. Loyality, Autopay, Community. Every month i have 33 $ discount. 

Have over 10 friends which move to PM because of Signal Issue with Rogers , Bell. That's the most stupid thing. My friends which been with Rogers  had no signal in their own basement. LOL. Unacceptable. I feel like WIND with Rogers and Bell. 

Anyway good job with the positive feedback. 

Oh okay then, you haven't had any problem so the people who did or do shouldn't complain, right?

bryanbreguet

@ehsan wrote:

Let see if this is fair:

This is my issue posted on Friday and since then no one helped me, even after I ping some moderators:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Public-Mobile-Activation-Issue/m-p/91380#M...

I can understand waiting for couple of hours, but nit days.

At the same some Appreciate if anyone could help me.

Nah man, you don't get it, it's an online service. You don't get to have any expectations and you must wait and be happy about it. Please remember the employees here have families!

(obviously I'm being sarcastic)

MyzMc
I do think they should (if they don't already) have a queue/ticket system for support with first-in-first-out. Maybe they are trying to pick up the more important cases (eg: porting failed and no service) before less important cases.

ehsan

@Ionut

I will. Thanks for your help man.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ehsan go on facebook. Look for Public Mobile page. Message. And just write a Message on the Private section. Any staff member available will answer your message. I believe if you write it now. Tomorrow morning you will get an answer.

ehsan

I forgot to tag you @Ionut

ehsan

Also appreciate if you could message moderator and let them know about my issue as they are respond to your message quickly.

Tnx

ehsan

Thank you so much,

Finally someone message me and show me a solution. Just as FYI, I sent a private message to Saray_O or Shazia_K and Mary_M 

No one respond to me.

Do you know to whom should I message on facebook?

Ionut

@ehsan i don't know man. No joke. If a write a private message to our Saray_O or Shazia_K Mary_M i get answers within couple of minute. 

Also go on Facebook. Write a Private Message on PM chat with your issue and phone number.. Usually Shazia_K or Mary stay there. 

Next morning at 9 your ticket will be solved. 

I changed my father plan from GF plan to the new 120 Plan in 10 Minutes. on facebook. 

ehsan

I think the best defense would be someone help how to fix our issues. Sharing your good experience would not help others that are having issues. 

Please help others by taking action, and providing solution to their issues.

ehsan

Let see if this is fair:

This is my issue posted on Friday and since then no one helped me, even after I ping some moderators:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Public-Mobile-Activation-Issue/m-p/91380#M...

I can understand waiting for couple of hours, but nit days.

At the same some Appreciate if anyone could help me.

PoweredByPho

@Ionut wrote:

I feel your pain. Everyday i've seen a lot of angry people who try to be "online warriors" for no reason.

If you wait 3 hours at Rogers store or more it still the same.

I'm sure even if the PM services will be Free of charge people will still complain. That's the human nature.

Never had a big issue like i found on this forum. Such : Cannot call, data, overcharged. 

Most of the time we do make mistake when we set up things because we always been comfortable and wait others people to do our job. "That's why i pay!" No you don't! If you wanna find a carrier services which have employee go and aim for Rogers, Bell so on. Where you pay them to threat you like .....

The answer is so simple who doesn't like it can take his opinions and get back to the 70 $ for 2 GB of Data

All the Questions was answerd very fast and solid answer through our old experienced community friends.

All the glitches was resolved for my surprise very fast and if took couple of days i get discount as compensation.

I don't think i've seen other Company which actually gave you something back. Loyality, Autopay, Community. Every month i have 33 $ discount. 

Yes, try going without cell service for a few days and no acknowledgement and see how you feel then. 

Just because you haven't experienced any issues, does not mean that anyone else that has is trying to be "an online warrior".

ehsan

I have an issue activating my SIM, 

post in the community, ping moderator since This monday and yet, no response.

Looks like no one read my message.

I am so disappointed.

Ionut

@TE0991 I feel your pain. Everyday i've seen a lot of angry people who try to be "online warriors" for no reason.

If you wait 3 hours at Rogers store or more it better?.

Have over 10 friends which move to PM because of Signal Issue with Rogers , Bell. That's the most stupid thing. My friends which been with Rogers  had no signal in their own basement. LOL. Unacceptable. I feel like WIND with Rogers and Bell. 

bryanbreguet
I'm sorry but that's not acceptable. They are paid to do their job. When you see people who haven't had a reply in days, it is not acceptable.

I find your post completely useless and fairly condescending to the people who have had issues.

Jtn

I'm glad your stuff got sorted out right away.

However, I sent 2 private messages last week about having the wrong plan renewed, and still haven't gotten a reply.

I also sent 2 private messages and 2 Contact Us emails early today about my girlfriend's new activation not going through and have not received a reply. She has absolutely no service, is unable to call or text or anything, and as a result, we have to change up our day's plans based around not being able to contact each other. The entire time, she is still paying for this non-existant service, and all we need is the PUK code to get this sorted out, which should take customer service a minute to pull up.

I'm glad you're happy with the customer service, but I am not.

ben10nnery

I like the idea of Public Mobile and am generally a pretty patient person. Not a 12 days waiting patient person, haha. 🙂 And still waiting.

I hope with this large influx of people there's some more capital to add some more mods / support team. There's quite a few people on this board that know what they're doing and talking about. Hell, I used to work for Koodo and recognize the self serve system!

All the best! Here's to the future!

12 days...

PoweredByPho

@TE0991 wrote:

Like many others I had some issues today setting up my account and getting things working properly. After some reading and a couple posts I contacted one of the mods for help. I PATIENTLY waited for a reply and with a few polite messages back and forth the problem was sorted in no time. My account is fixed. I have perfect service again. And my number successfully ported over within a matter of a couple hours.

Wait... what?? You contacted them TODAY and received a response TODAY and fixed your problem TODAY??

That seems totally fair and transparent to those of us waiting for weeks without cell service and without a reply/acknowledgement.

Oh wait what was that second part? We shouldn't complain because you had your problem fixed in 1 day? Okay then master, no more complaints, you have made your point by creating this thread and belittling everyone else that has had legitimate issues with their cell service.

Need Help? Let's chat.