cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Verification code texts/calls getting blocked

I’ve had trouble with a few apps and services that require verification via a text code or phone call. Public Mobile automatically blocks most of these numbers and I am then not able to retrieve my verification code to log into some important banking apps. How do you stop PM from blocking these numbers? I’ve never had this problem with any other network. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Verification code texts/calls getting blocked

Contact moderators for assistance. Two ways to reach them.

1-

Simon.JPG

 2 - via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Brentzky 

I do not think that Public mobile blocks any phone numbers from calling.  However, PM only support only certain number of short code texts from different companies  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

Maybe check your phone settings to make sure there is not a feature to block certain numbers, etc.  

Highlighted
Oracle

@Brentzky , Public  Mobile does not block incoming text.  It could be your texting app settings that are causing certain text to be blocked.  Please check and adjust texting app settings.  

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Here is the list of shortcode texts that definitely should be coming through

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi... 

Regular numbers should go through without any problems, check that you are not blocking any or the your message app is not checking against any spam database

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Brentzky what is your area code? Maybe it is a new code which is not recognized by all apps yet. I had same issue, couldn't get code from my banking app. After I changed my number with an older area code, texts from apps started go through.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Brentzky wrote:

I’ve had trouble with a few apps and services that require verification via a text code or phone call. Public Mobile automatically blocks most of these numbers and I am then not able to retrieve my verification code to log into some important banking apps. How do you stop PM from blocking these numbers? I’ve never had this problem with any other network. 

Yep, I too can attest to the fact that 2FA text messages can be a problem at PM, to say nothing of how insecure they are if you lose your phone. Whenever possible I request email confirmation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted

@Luddite You’re right, Email isn’t an option for some of these apps. Regardless I would just like to use verification text codes as they are the most convenient. 

Highlighted

@Staliger My area code is 672. It’s a Canadian area code so I’m confused why a bank like cibc wouldn’t be able to text it. 

Highlighted

@oglat I’m not blocking anything. I’ve never changed any settings and am using the same phone. Never had this problem with TELUS.