cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanishing Posts?

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This isn't the first time I have noticed this. I just finished typing out a lengthy (and helpful as it almost instantly got two bravos) post and when I noticed a typo I fixed it. I went back to the post and it was gone. The Bravos also vanished. There were no links in it and no inappropriate content. I'm just curious why it was either auto-modded (maybe because edited it a couple of times?) or if I somehow pushed some button on it? I lost my ability to reply to that thread too.

8 REPLIES 8

If you type out of post, and then edit it a couple or a few times within a short period of time (maybe about 1 minutes), your posts will get deleted.

I understand fully what you meant that you wanted to correct a typo. Sometimes a person will be reading his or her own post and notice a mistake, make the correction, and then notice another one. 

If you do this a few times (not sure of the exact number or exact timeframe), your post will be marked as spam by the system.  In this type of case, which I suspsect applies to you because you made an edit, it doesn't have anything to do with the content of your message.  The spam filter is likely treating each new edit as a brand new messages post and likely figures that it is impossible for a human to be typing messages that out that fast (ie. an automated bot posting advertising or other useless content).

When this happens, your message goes into a sort of quarantine, and gets labeled as "awiating moderation" or something along those lines when it comes to wording (first hand experience).  The message will never be moderated and and will appear to just "vanish".  For something like this, I'm not sure I would bother contacting the moderators.  I would probably just type out the response again, or at least the gist of it as I know it's impossible to reproduce the exact message.  My opinion is that, while messages shouldn't just vanish like this, I'd rather have the moderators deal with service issues rather than a mishaving message board website. 

Psygineer

@sheytoon wrote:

@Psygineer,

It has happened to me in the past as well. Don't worry, your bravos are safe and will reappear even the posts are restored.

Not so worried about the Bravos, I only mentioned them because it is a sign the post was of quality and not of a spammy nature.

@Psygineer:

It has happened to me in the past as well. Don't worry, your bravos are safe and will reappear when the posts are restored.

Psygineer

@RobertQc wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

It's a shame too, people seemed to like that answer. I'll give that a shot.

The highly offensive post follows:

@PsygineerIt happened to me when I edit too many times or too quicky. I found it to not only be keywords, but also time based, like if you edit a post 2 or 3 times within seconds to add or remove a period / spelling mistake.

That does sound like it. Sad thing is I could have just left the bit that got it slapped too. It wasn't a mission critical one, it was just adding the customary "If neither of these options works and no one else gives you a better option, you might need to PM the Mods (and the details how to do so)."

@Psygineer wrote:

@PsygineerIt happened to me when I edit too many times or too quicky. I found it to not only be keywords, but also time based, like if you edit a post 2 or 3 times within seconds to add or remove a period / spelling mistake.

Psygineer

Does your service still work while suspended or is it actually turned off? Since you mentioned you have it on auto, assuming you had the funds available it should take them and apply them to your account. During the renewal phase, it isn't uncommon for weird flags to occur on your account but your service isn't actually interrupted. Basically, your account runs out, expires out, it takes funds, adds them to your account, pays your bill and refreshes your account.

Sometimes when there is maintenance it can mess up this process, but I am not aware of any recent maintenance. If your payment method rejected the withdrawal or there weren't enough funds on the account it might disable your service. Adding some funds to your account should trigger it to work again. 

By suspending and activating do you mean you tried the Lost/Stolen Phone trick? If not try this:

Report your phone lost/stolen in the self-service account and log out.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found. Reboot your phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully activates your plan/account.  

Otherwise try manually adding the funds to your account, if you overpay it will just save it and take it next time before billing you again anyway (unless you are short on cash and can't spare the funds.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Psygineer wrote:

This isn't the first time I have noticed this. I just finished typing out a lengthy (and helpful as it almost instantly got two bravos) post and when I noticed a typo I fixed it. I went back to the post and it was gone. The Bravos also vanished. There were no links in it and no inappropriate content. I'm just curious why it was either auto-modded (maybe because edited it a couple of times?) or if I somehow pushed some button on it? I lost my ability to reply to that thread too.

@PsygineerSend a message to the moderator team. No really. They will do something to your account to stop this from happening in the future. It's a part of their spam / autoflag system.

@Mary_M wrote:I'm really sorry to hear that some of your posts were filtered out and "disappeared". Rest assured that I can definitely look into this for you.

After locating your posts, I can see that they were in fact filtered out. This is an automatic feature that occurs when certain keywords trigger a "spam alert".. No worries, I have just removed the block and your posts should now be visible - you should also be able to post without an issue 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

After mary removed this "block" it never happened again

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Psygineer wrote:

I have had thisas well and I was told that some of the sensors sometimes pick up things that aren't really spam or anything like that and I don't know what it was.  you can contact the mods and tell them about the thread and have them look at it and see if they can unlock it and get it back open to the public

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.