Oracle

Re: VOLTE

no it doesnt. i think koodo supports a couple phones and probably so does telus

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@mimmo correct.  Koodo has an extremely limited supported device list and only for phones purchased directly from Koodo.  Telus has I believe a less limited but still limited device list with the same "from them" restriction.  It's pretty sad really.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I think Freedom is the same way.  My q6 is VoLTE ready (purchased from Telus), but *may not work* on Freedom's network.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

PM should ALSO have VOLTE

It must evolve if it has ANY Chance at long-term success

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@mimmo correct.  Koodo has an extremely limited supported device list and only for phones purchased directly from Koodo.  Telus has I believe a less limited but still limited device list with the same "from them" restriction.  It's pretty sad really.

Minor rant that adds nothing to this conversation: And here I am with a phone that supports VoLTE on almost any carrier in the world that has that feature except for Canada where it has to be enabled by the carrier itself.... 😞

Highlighted
Oracle

@makkahn28 I have to disagree with this. Telus wants customers to migrate from pm to Koodo. If pm and Koodo had all the same features then no

one would migrate. 

IIlike to think of it like cars   could buy a hynduai accent( bare bones) or I could buy an Elantra(more features)  or when my needs change I could trade in my accent for the elantra.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@koimr1, somewhat like NFC payments in Canada.  If your bank doesn't support the operating system on your phone, you're out of luck.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo, IF Tel Us wanted that, They may as well Close PM up. UNLESS they intend to Do away with LTE altogether and then force everyone on 3G, OR, if they wanted to save more Money, Put us on 2G lik service.

The Carriers have been entertained long enough.

We're already charged the highest rates in the world, and they wish no competition, just a monopoly.

Eventually, it may reach point where we may never be able to afford even the MOST basic function.

We need MORE Relief and competition, like 6 Carriers per region.

The current status quo will utterly kill us financially