cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: VOIP with 3G?

Yes @srlawren  , I totally misunderstood and blew that one. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@gblackma just please slow down.  Maybe go outside for some fresh air once in a while?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Oracle

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@gblackma just please slow down.  Maybe go outside for some fresh air once in a while?

Totally agree with this earlier @gblackma  was asking the OP what type of phone they had when it was right there in the title.  Remember the forum is only as good as the information that is being provided and if you aren't giving the correct information you aren't being any help.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edited

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm seeing quite a few posts regarding the technical aspects of VoIP & Public Mobile, so I'll just briefly chime in with my personal experience: After about a couple of weeks, I've had no problems whatsoever with latency, intermittent data, dropped calls, etc. I use Fongo as my service, and they're among the beat, in my opinion, after having used many other services (mostly free and a couple paid), so while the VoIP service is a huge variable in determining what an individual experience with PM will be like, I'd say you should be happy overall, even w/the 3G. Hope that helps! *Friendly nickers* Bandit (Horse)
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mmbiker wrote:

So I use VOIP internet phone a lot to make overseas calls.

will 3G connection with PM works well?  I mainly use it with Skype and Google Voice.

When it comes to the talk about pings, I sometimes get better latency on the 3g network - but not always.  What I will say is that the LTE network is a more consistent performer.  As for VoIP-like applications, I've never noticed any difference worth noting when using applications such as  Skype, Hangouts, Viber, or Facebook.

I find in nl (Bell RAN) the HSPA network is extremely unresponsive. Not sure if it's congestion or what but was the same experience in the past with Koodo/Telus .this was with -85ish dbm signal strength as well. It works, but responsiveness is noticeably better on LTE even throttled.