cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Using phone in the USA

I'm on the $40 plan and I'm going to the USA for 2 weeks this month - do I buy the $15 international add-on in order to be able to make calls when I am there? What happens with data roaming?

Thanks, Sarah

GR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Using phone in the USA

@slhudson23 there are roaming data/text and calling add ons for 10 days at a time, the other option would be to switch to the 60$ plan for a month 

Mayor / Maire

@slhudson23 wrote:

I'm on the $40 plan and I'm going to the USA for 2 weeks this month - do I buy the $15 international add-on in order to be able to make calls when I am there? What happens with data roaming?

Thanks, Sarah

You can consider getting the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on...talk/text/data for $20...or talk/text for $15.You 10 fdays start the minute you buy it so plan ahead. If you buy it at 10pm...that counts as day 1.

PS...your regular $40 plan will just stop working while in US. There's no risk of surprise data overages when you get home.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Take note purchasing an add-on is a two step process. Link below is the guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

Also important to know if you're buying a USA add-on..it starts right when you buy it..so wait till you're leaving to purchase.

Mayor / Maire

You could purchase the $20 add-on which would give you both phone, data, and text.  It is only valid for 10 days from purchase.  Remember when purchasing the add-on you need to purchase and add it to your account.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@slhudson23 wrote:

Thanks, Sarah

If you are able to switch your plan to the $60 plan on your renewal or if it falls within a few day of it to change it immeadiately on your departure day it would give you full coverage while you are there. It would cost the same as the add on but give you a lot more data 2gb as well as 3gb more while in Canada.

@slhudson23 wrote:

Thanks, Sarah

Ensure that you purchase the correct add-on. In the past, people have purchased long distance minutes by mistake. Be sure to take a roaming add-on.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah ok so it has to be roaming? I was trying to figure out the difference between '200 min US and Canada Long Distance - $8.00' and US roaming unlimited minutes talk time - $8.00'

@slhudson23 wrote:

Ah ok so it has to be roaming? I was trying to figure out the difference between '200 min US and Canada Long Distance - $8.00' and US roaming unlimited minutes talk time - $8.00'

@slhudson23  Where does your renewal date fall in regards to the timing of your trip?

I would get the international add-on just to be on the safe side, your regular plan may not work.