cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my phone in a different province

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have unlimited provincial talk.  I live in Ontario but am traveling to Quebec.  Will my phone work?  Will I be able to call from Quebec back to Ontario?  Can people in Ontario call me?  I'm assuming texts work like normal?  

Still trying to figure out the details on Public Mobile.  

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@computergeek541

That is my point. I have an ONTARIO number.

I received a call while I was in Quebec.

RLBL

@computergeek541

That is my point. I have an ONTARIO number.

I received a call while I was in Quebec.

@RLBL wrote:

This may have been a system glitch, but when I was in Montreal (last December) I was able to receive calls from someone in Ottawa with a QC number.  My impression was that this call should have not reached me.

Where the other person calls from/the city the other person's phone number is based out of it completely irrelevant.  For the person receiving a phone call, it never makes any difference no matter where the other person is calling from.  When it comes to your service when receiving a call, a call from Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City, Hong Kong, Paris (France), Madrid, Melboune, etc. would all be the same to you.

Since you have a Quebec number and have provincial calling, you can receive a call from anyone while in Quebec (regardless of the other person's location).

RLBL
Should not that is

RLBL

That was a typo. It was 819. The point is I should (edit: not) have been able to receive an out of province call while I was in Montreal

@RLBL, that 519 area code is not a Quebec based one.  It's in Ontario, covering the area in the South West.

RLBL

This may have been a system glitch, but when I was in Montreal (last December) I was able to receive calls from someone in Ottawa with a QC (519) number.  My impression was that this call should have not reached me.

@Chaos_Scorpio  thanks! it's been a busy morning on here lol!

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CaNuCk07 that was an awesome post ... seems you come on 30-60 min sooner than I do ... stealing all the posts 😛

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@shaner82  Texts will be normal.

1. When in your province:
    1. All calls made within your province are free
    2. All calls received from anywhere are free
    3. Any calls made to anywhere outside your province require a long distance add-on
  2. When outside your province
    1. Calls made to whichever province you are in are free
    2. You wil not receive calls unless you have a long distance add-on
      1. You will be charged for each minute of incoming call

Have a read through this post, great explanation.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dist...

Need Help? Let's chat.