cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Using my SIM card in another phone?

@mobileguy, yes, it will work. I have a friend who's SIM card (also part of the Public Mobile network) wasn't working on her phone. We did a test, and we swap her SIM card into my phone. And all her contacts and details pop up onto my phone. We knew then it was her phone. 

I took her SIM card and put my card back in, and none of her contacts and information was there! 

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks everyone for your assistance.  This topic can be closed.

Highlighted

@mobileguy, you need to find a solution that you think resembles the solution and then you can mark it accepted. 

Although, it doesn't prevent other people from still commenting to the post. But, it will help if you can mark an answer and it gets pushed from the active posts to the solved solutions side of things.

Glad some of the information was able to help you! 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if the phones are good for 4g it will work. some phones might need to set up to use the internet

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@445935293 wrote:

if the phones are good for 4g it will work. some phones might need to set up to use the internet

This isn't true. Public Mobile does not allow customers to use VoLTE. This means that if a phone is 4g LTE compatible but not 3g HSPA compatible, it would work for both data and text messages, but not for phone calls.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@mpcdesign , I did mark a response as a solution.  Am I missing a step that I should still be doing?

Highlighted

@mobileguy, nope you did it right then. As I mentioned above, you will get people who still like to give you their 2-cents (okay, since no pennies exist, 5-cents) worth, they will or may post something. You can also ignore them too if you want?