cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used all data is a few days.

Jasoncalgary
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data was used in a few days but I wasn't on it. Is PM having an issue? If so how can we resolve this?

8 REPLIES 8

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Jasoncalgary, If you log into 'My Account' you should see right off the back the Overview of your Account Status. Scroll down below until you see 'My Data & Add-Ons. It tells me about my data. If you decide to click on the usage link, it will give you a different scene with the remaining data is left for the month. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 1.45.15 PM.png

View My Usage > Data & Add-On Usage:

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 1.45.45 PM.png

Double Check:

Double Check to see if your data is turned off. Maybe you have a video that is streaming, and you fell asleep while you watching it, and now, it's running in the background without you knowing it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@Jasoncalgary  the data counter is a batch processing one, and is updated every 12 hours. 12 noon and 12 midnight est.  To see if the additional data was used within the last 9 hours, check back after 12 midnight eastern tonight.

Some specific wording for you...I believe the front overview counter to be pretty real time. It's the usage details that lags behind. But yes to examine ones usage after the fact then one would need to watch those lag intervals.

Pearlpaul

Thanks. That was exactly my problem. I didn’t realize the amout on my phone was not the data amount in my account. 

@Jasoncalgary  the data counter is a batch processing one, and is updated every 12 hours. 12 noon and 12 midnight est.  To see if the additional data was used within the last 9 hours, check back after 12 midnight eastern tonight. 

@Jasoncalgary wrote:

I checked my usage on the plan. It doesn't show that I've used 4.5 it shows I've used maybe 1 

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

you need to reset the cellular data counter on your phone every month to see exactly how much you use and it will even show on what apps it was used. I never heard of PM making mistakes, when it's all used up on the account it will show nothing at all meaning it's all used.

@Jasoncalgary wrote:

I checked my usage on the plan. It doesn't show that I've used 4.5 it shows I've used maybe 1 

Are you referring to MBs of usage?  There have been discussions of how the data counter doesn't reset to zero but shows a few MBs of usage only to switch back later.  

Jasoncalgary

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Jasoncalgary How do you know you did not use it? If you have the sim in your phone, only you can use the data available. Go to your phone Network settings and see which apps used your data. 

Need Help? Let's chat.