cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use all data by accident in one hour

Imanshar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I was streaming HD 60fps in the background and while I was working and I didn't notice that I was using data. I have 2 months left until my next renewal. I have been a loyal customer for 7 months now, and would really appreciate if I can get my data back to what it was at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time, Friday, June 15, 2018.

Edit: time

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imanshar: @Marzipan made me pause for thought. Indeed customer service and all but this IS a bare bones service we're paying for here. If the service was throwing credits around all over the place for things that are not their fault then that would impact the operation of the service negatively or raise everyones rates to cover those credits.

I too have enjoyed a credit for good will. Just in my first month. I have zero expectation of getting anymore unless it was some fault of the service.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Imanshar wrote:

@Marzipan 

This argument doesn't make any sense. Just because you pay less doesn't mean you have to expect less. Costumer merchant relationship has nothing to do with the price of the product if you are trying to do good business.

Actually public mobile slogan is pay less for less 

Imanshar

@Marzipan 

This argument doesn't make any sense. Just because you pay less doesn't mean you have to expect less. Costumer merchant relationship has nothing to do with the price of the product if you are trying to do good business.

Imanshar

@Anonymous

Exactly. That's my point, I have been with public mobile for a almost year and this is the first time that I have asked them for anything. And in this is the second time in the last 8 years that this has happened to me. So it is not a every week problem

Marzipan

I have an issue because PM does not offer the customer service of the other carriers. We pay less and are told to expect less. Like buying a product, if you pay full price you can expect a no hassle return but if it is bought at a discount you can't expect the same privileges.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imanshar:

Sure. But that's a once in a LONG while mistake and request. Do that again this month and I bet they won't like it.

Imanshar

@Marzipan

I don't understand why people have an issue here with asking for credit. If PM can keep their costumers happy and satisfied with showing goodwill towards them it will help their business in the long run.

jp2

@Marzipan if you want to get ahead of those pests apps that continually take your data. Go into your settings and restrict all apps you don't need to use data. The hole in the buck will be smaller at least Smiley Very Happy

Marzipan

Making a mistake and using up the data is not at issue. We've all lost some needlessly.

The criticism is for asking for a credit.

I have just bought my first gigabyte to play around with tracking aircraft from a high mountain elevation where cell data is the only way to get the flights uploaded to the internet. I expect a big leak in my data bucket - not from transmitting the planes' data but from apps taking advantage of the open data connection. I'll be paying to learn as I go - not Public Mobile.

Imanshar

@stonechucker Not everyone is perfect human beings like you who knows how to do everything right. I made a mistake and it is completely my own fault. I didn't expect PM to help me at all but I believe in humanity and Goodwill and good business. You are perfect ao you won't need help of another human being since you never make mistakes.

Well I’ve been with PM for 24 months, and as I understand how to use my cellular device, I’ve never run out of data and had to request a resetting of the usage to help me out.

I am pretty sure the OP has now found that it was their own fault for allowing this to happen, and is now embarrassed that nothing other than paying more will get services restored for use.

@Imanshar wrote:

I'm not going into details but the advise people gave me to private message the moderaters was helpful. Each case might be different depending on what happened and their history with Public Mobile. I think the best advice would be to private message the moderaters explaining what exactly happened and see if they can help.

Wow, I am amazed!  I known the moderators are generally pretty good as far as goodwill goes.  Now you are suggesting they can be much kinder than that even if YMMV.

Imanshar

I'm not going into details but the advise people gave me to private message the moderaters was helpful. Each case might be different depending on what happened and their history with Public Mobile. I think the best advice would be to private message the moderaters explaining what exactly happened and see if they can help.

@Imanshar wrote:

No problem, I have talked to Public Mobile, and they have been helpful. I understand what you are saying but it is good to have a positive view about service providers an it shows that they actually care about their costumers.

@Imanshar, can you elaborate on what "helpful" means?  It would be nice to understand how customers in this situation are treated so that we can give the right advice to the next customer that comes along with a similar circumstance.

Imanshar

No problem, I have talked to Public Mobile, and they have been helpful. I understand what you are saying but it is good to have a positive view about service providers an it shows that they actually care about their costumers.

I can't see a cell phone carrier providing more data for free because a customer has used up the allotment.  Sorry, but it's used up and gone.  Your only real options would be to purchase a data add-on or to ask to have your plan renwed early, in which case, whatever you have spent on this billing cycle's plan would be lost.  Either way, getting more data is going to cost more. Sorry, I know you didn't want to hear that.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Irrespective of whether this is prepaid, post paid, there's no reason to ask the carrier for any kind of relief.  They had no role in what happened.  Suck it up buttercup, chalk this one up to experience.  

jp2

For future note using data usage warnings and limit will prevent this in the future. For example if you have 6 Gb for 90 days maybe put a monthly limit of 2 Gb to ensure you will never use more than one months data. If the limit comes in but you still want to keep using simply turn off the limiter 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Imanshar wrote:

So I was streaming HD 60fps in the background and while I was working and I didn't notice that I was using data. I have 2 months left until my next renewal. I have been a loyal customer for 7 months now, and would really appreciate if I can get my data back to what it was at 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time, Friday, June 15, 2018.

It is just 12:30 Eastern Friday June 15, 2018 putting your data back to then would still mean you are out.  This is a prepaid service and I am not sure if they will credit you more data because you have used what you paid for and they have supplied it.  Your error should not cost them.  Might sound harsh but that is the way of Prepaid.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

- Detailed explanation of specific everything mabye can them give a credit for one time you have to try it , you need send a private message Click here 

In your message put it, please include .
- your account number , if you have it , or email address .
- your phone number and 4 digit PIN .
- your name .
- them can help you a lot nice team service

Good Luck

meocon

@Imanshar I don’t think Mods can do anything about that. You can ask MODS to renew your plan earlier if you need data or just purchase data add-on. Anyway you can try to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them nicely about that to see what they can do for you.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

MacMe

Not sure if anything can be done, but you can try sending a message to Moderator_Team and see if they can help you out.

Need Help? Let's chat.