cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Urgent BC- Require Public Mobile SIM

Hi there
I'm currently located in the Interior/Okanagan of BC, looking to sign up with PM for service in Vancouver. I am also on the job hunt, and waiting 3-7 business days for a SIM is too long! Anyone in Kelowna, Kamloops area (or worst case Vancouver!) have an extra SIM available?

Cheers
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Urgent BC- Require Public Mobile SIM

If you order a SIM today more likely you will get by Tuesday or Wednesday if you won't able to find anyone here close by have a spare one

Last time I ordered one received in 2 business days but let's see maybe someone in community leave close by who have help you out with spare one
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Mayor / Maire

Samianauman wrote:
If you order a SIM today more likely you will get by Tuesday or Wednesday if you won't able to find anyone here close by have a spare one

Last time I ordered one received in 2 business days but let's see maybe someone in community leave close by who have help you out with spare one

@Samianauman, OP said he cannot wait for a shipment and is looking for someone local to supply a SIM card.  In this particular case, I would go with a different provider if timing is mission critical. 

Here's a link he's offering free sim Vancouver area
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-forfait-cellulaire-services/vancouver-downtown-west-end/free-public-mobile-si...
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Oracle

As @will13am has implied "desperate times, call for desperate measures". @Gagliano Two ideas:

a. Fongo (fongo.com) account with a Vancouver number on wifi, or your current cell data plan; free account and calling across Canada

b. Koodo prepaid $10 SIM, $15 text only, plus talk boosters (5¢/min)

Of course, order the PM SIM and change over once it arrives. 

***** BEWARE: I am not a moderator. While happy to receive private messages do not expect a quick response. *****
Oracle

That's a long drive from Kelowna to Vancouver specially on these hot few days. I suggest to look for alternatives until you get the pm sim.

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Luddite wrote:

As @will13am has implied "desparate times, call for desparate measures". @Gagliano Two ideas:

a. Fongo (fongo.com) account with a Vancouver number on wifi, or your current cell data plan; free account and calling across Canada

b. Koodo prepaid $10 SIM, $15 text only, plus talk boosters (5¢/min)

Of course, order the PM SIM and change over once it arrives. 

Another option to tide you over 'til mid next week would be 7-11 Speak-out. Pick-up of the SIM card at their convenience stores...

However, porting from Koodo, another Telus subbrand, might be smoother.

Oracle

Porting from any Canadian mobile carriers should not be an issue. Go with whatever is convenient.. 7-11 or Koodo.  

Oracle

@Samianauman interesting find.  I guess if the referred person stays with PM for 5 months, the kijiji poster breaks even, and any more is gravy.  I'm not sure if this is awful or smart.  Smiley Wink

I do not work for Public Mobile --please do not send me any personal information.
For account-related inquiries & issues, please contact a community moderator via private message.

@srlawren
Agreed if you check in Ontario lots of add like this its good some how if a person staying long term if its temp like 3 months or so then its a lost