cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating e-mail address

Anya48
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am wanting to update the e-mail address associated with my account, and am wondering how I can do so. There doesn't seem to be an option to change my e-mail address when attempting to "edit" my profile; do I need to contact a moderator for this?

Thanks!

Anya

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

OK so perhaps my confusion was because my procedure just changed my login username email. My login email is the same as my community email —- SOOOOO then I have absolutely no clue as to what’s my account email? 

Use Forgot your password? and it sends to the "account" email. Then look around any and all email inboxes for it.

Did just that and it send my password re-set to my login account email that is the same as my community email. - 

When I tried it after changing the email address, the reset went to the account email...not the changed address. So maybe your email WAS the one you now have. Or you did indeed accidentally stumble upon an email change method. I still doubt it 🙂

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

OK so perhaps my confusion was because my procedure just changed my login username email. My login email is the same as my community email —- SOOOOO then I have absolutely no clue as to what’s my account email? 

Use Forgot your password? and it sends to the "account" email. Then look around any and all email inboxes for it.

Did just that and it send my password re-set to my login account email that is the same as my community email. - 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@z10user4 @computergeek541   You folks are right. Changing the email address using the link by Simon only change the username, not the email address that is hidden internally

@Blegrand wrote:

Just click profile and u should be able to change ur address through that

Think you misread this whole thread. You CANNOT change the self serve account email address EVEN IF you manage to change the username. Only the moderators can do so. End of story.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Blegrand
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just click profile and u should be able to change ur address through that

@Anonymous 

Thanks for trying it to see what happened. So, from what I read from your experiment, the login gets changed, but in the end, you're still going to need a moderator to finish everything off properly.  That's not quite what I was thinking when it came to the e-mail address, but something was telling me it was along those lines.  I would imagine that this could be a reason for the option being hidden from view when a member logs into the self serve account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I tried it on my testing dormant account.

It changed the email address. I can log in with it. I can't log in with the original.

So then I wondered about password change. Went through that using the new email address.

IT SENT TO THE ORIGINAL. Even though I typed in the new one.

So all that email address change does is change the log in username. The internal address is still there.

And with computergeek541's history...I'm sure this has all been well hashed out. I didn't search. So sue me 🙂

@bilibili I say that the information that SIMon provides is incorrect because it is.

Clicking on "change e-mail" in SIMon does take you there, but if you follow SIMon's actual instructions to go to "My Profile" and then click on "Change Username", you'll see that there no such option to click that. It's not on the screen.

Over a few years of being a customer, I'll tell you that link used to be visible to click on in the account but has since been hidden.  It's also my belief that the procedure only changed the profile's e-mail address but not the actual self serve login (edit: it's actually the other way around), although that part I have not personally tested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bilibili 

So I went through your method and howdy 'bout that. Although I had to change the url to change-username.

Note the Please note line. So this is a method to change the log in email but apparently not the internal account email.

Unless you have received marketing emails to the changed address. I didn't complete it to see if what they say is actually in fact true.

So to @BEER I say sorry about that eh. Do you receive marketing emails?

@bilibili wrote:

No you don't... Just ask Simon (the question mark on the bottom right) and type keyword "Change Self-Serve Email" and then you will be given a link to change the email address. This is the most convenient way and the fastest way to change your email address.

There is no such option in the customer's self serve account.  I know that SIMon does say that, but this information is not correct.  As already correctly stated earlier, changing the self serve e-mail address requires the help of a moderator. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Anya48 wrote:

Hello,

I am wanting to update the e-mail address associated with my account, and am wondering how I can do so. There doesn't seem to be an option to change my e-mail address when attempting to "edit" my profile; do I need to contact a moderator for this?

Thanks!

Anya

Yes, you need to contact a moderator. Use this link.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.