cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessful porting: can we leave PM and receive a full refund?

frankg1401
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had good impression with PM, and I like the new plan. But the utter unresponsiveness after porting issues made me very disappointed.

Is there an option for us to leave PM completely (with porting reversed) and receive a full refund? I had to pay for early cancellation fee to join PM, but I am not impressed.

5 REPLIES 5

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'd recommend take a step back and give the porting a day/two to complete.

In the meantime, while waiting; I'd recommend contacting a mod directly (click here).

Note: Be sure to provide the following:

- previous servicer provider

- name on file with previous service provider

- pervious service provider's account #

- phone # being ported

- pin for the previous service provider

It may/may not be an issue caused by PM.  It could be your previous provider unwilling to complete the port, due to unsufficient information provided/funds still owing to them.

I myself had to contact my previous service provider and have them place a note on file that I'm allowing for my number to be ported and payout of remaining contract.  I expect to break even within 6-months time.

After 6-months; I'll start enjoying the savings. Smiley Happy

@Allevan wrote:

Hi All,

I'm a brand new PM customer and had the same frustration, that is, the port out didn't work from Telus to PM, using the same number. Also, I have tried many different ways for solving the issue but no progress until now ("No service"). I've decided on getting a new card and set up a new number, which has caused me extra work for updating all the contacts I have. I'm planning to step back and start the cancellation dispute for credit card refunds.

Since phone is from Telus, it is compatible.  Check if Telus sim still works.  You will need to contact Moderator_Team to fix.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Allevan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

I'm a brand new PM customer and had the same frustration, that is, the port out didn't work from Telus to PM, using the same number. Also, I have tried many different ways for solving the issue but no progress until now ("No service"). I've decided on getting a new card and set up a new number, which has caused me extra work for updating all the contacts I have. I'm planning to step back and start the cancellation dispute for credit card refunds.

vroom

This is a joke. I also want a full refund. Unable to receive calls whatsoever.

Antiloop
I am in the same boat. I would give them a day or two.
The least they could do, is update people that haven't been completely ported yet.
Need Help? Let's chat.